Ford Mustang Forum banner

1/4 Window Louvers...

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  vantage 
#1 ·
This weekend I'm most likely going to pick up a set of quarter window louvers but I just can't decide on which ones to get. I love the concept of the window louvers because one of my favourite Mustangs is the 1967 Fastback, but on the classic Mustangs they were integrated into the bodywork whereas on the S197 they are 'tacked on'. So I want a set that looks least tacky and I'm leaning towards the CDC louvers but I've also considered Roush. Post pics of your window louvers if you have them and help me make a decision! I know it's a matter of opinion but seeing and hearing what other ppl have and like always helps.

G
#5 ·
CDC's are nice

I have CDC version and I love them. They are quality pieces and required minimal prep. I've had them on since a week after getting the car in March with no probs. The SSE look nice as well. There was a thread a bit a go that mentioned another company that had a new louver coming out that looked more integrated into the car. You might do a search and see the pics on that as well. I think they were pre-ordering for it.

Snack

Attachments

#6 ·
Damn the SSE Gen 2 louvers are looking awesome now, does anyone know of a reputable site with good prices that I can order the SSE Gen 2 louvers from? Are they good quality? And what exactly is the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2.

#7 ·
vantage said:
Damn the SSE Gen 2 louvers are looking awesome now, does anyone know of a reputable site with good prices that I can order the SSE Gen 2 louvers from? Are they good quality? And what exactly is the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2.
I ordered miy Gen 2's from Stillen. They are very nice in quality. The Gen 1's are a little more rounded than the 2's.

#9 ·
For those of you with louvers installed, what do they look like from INSIDE the car? Can you see the attach points? Pics would be appreciated.

#10 ·
#11 ·
MD07GT said:
For those of you with louvers installed, what do they look like from INSIDE the car? Can you see the attach points? Pics would be appreciated.
This is an interior shot with the CDC louvers. The only downside is that since they're non-removeable, the quarter windows will always be dirty.

http://www.fototime.com/18D5FFA551E35D4/standard.jpg

#12 ·
SMG said:
This is an interior shot with the CDC louvers. The only downside is that since they're non-removeable, the quarter windows will always be dirty.

The other ones are removeable? How does that work? And if you keep removing them won't the part that sticks get worn out?

SMG said:
Here's a flush mounted version being fab'd.
That looks like a pretty great idea but I've never heard of that company, and I wonder if there would be issues in removing the window and properly sealing the louver.

#13 ·
vantage said:
The other ones are removeable? How does that work? And if you keep removing them won't the part that sticks get worn out?
The Roush louvers are held on to the car by stick-on brackets. Screws hold the louvers to the brackets. To clean the window, unscrew the screws, remove the louvers, clean the glass, and reinstall the louvers with the screws. :)

#14 ·
vantage said:
That looks like a pretty great idea but I've never heard of that company, and I wonder if there would be issues in removing the window and properly sealing the louver.
I guess we'll find out. Already ordered mine. The outside the window louvers are not even close to the OEM look of the 67.

#15 ·
MD07GT said:
The Roush louvers are held on to the car by stick-on brackets. Screws hold the louvers to the brackets. To clean the window, unscrew the screws, remove the louvers, clean the glass, and reinstall the louvers with the screws. :)
What about the SSE Gen 2? Can those be removed?

#17 ·
After thought auto 1/4 windows

No one seems to show the 1/4 windows from afterthoughtauto. I believe its .com. I put these on my Shelby tribute 2005 GT and they look great. Much more like the 60's mustangs. More so like the 65, 66 & 67 style with more thinner openings. Not the wide Rousch or CDC look or the scoop effect. They are stick on and I've had them on for a year with no problems with dirt or coming off. I need to get pictures of the final product but she sure looks like a copy of the GT 500 with 1/4 window louvres, hood pins, stripes sized to the 65 GT 350. Will get photos this weekend, she makes me smile every time I look at her in the driveway. Pics to follow. :gringreen :yelpleased: :eyepoppin

#18 ·
MD07GT said:
I have the Razzi quarter window scoops and I had the inside of the window blacked out with tint...can't see a thing

#19 ·
whatisee said:
here's a thread on the flush mounted louvers. I believe he tries to answer your question.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=39193
I totally love the idea of flush mounted louvers and that would be the look I'm going for. However, I think they would be a huge pain to install with the removing of the glass and all and I would be worried about the seal. I wish Ford would make them completely integrated with the car because even with those louvers there is still the line between the body and the louver. But I guess beggars can't be choosers, thanks for posting that, it's definitely something to consider.

#20 ·
I KNOW THIS IS ABOUT LOUVERS .. BUT DOSE ANYONE MAKE A BLACK
OUT (COLOR TO MATCH THE CAR) FOR THE WINDOWS SO THAT IT LOOK
LIKE THERE IS NO BACK WINDOW..???? I SAW A PIC IN 5.0 MAG

FEW ISUSSES BACK SOME ONE CUSTOM MAKE ONE . ON A RACECAR.
(TRACK CAR) i HAVE TO FIND IT..

SORRY FOR THE CHANGE IN SUBJECT..

#21 ·
Does anyone have the louvers from Stage 3 Motorsports? I decided that these look the best but I am wondering why they are so much cheaper than the rest. If anyone has them plz post and let me know if they are good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.