Ordering '07 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ordering '07 GT

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this site so I apologise if this has already been covered.

I really don't like my local dealers so I was wondering if it is possible to bypass them and order from a District Sales Office or even the factory (will be in Michigan soon).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006
S197 Member

Do you really and seriously think that would be possible? In Europe yes, but here there are many intercompany agreements with dealers and the distributor organizations.
Than again, you can always go to Germany and buy a Porsche Carrera.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006
S197 Member

Call Ford and ask. Worst they can do is say "no".

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
No, but my local dealer will let you order one.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuffl
Hey Everyone,

I really don't like my local dealers so I was wondering if it is possible to bypass them and order from a District Sales Office or even the factory (will be in Michigan soon).
I am a sales manager for a Ford dealership in maryland....we have people call and ask us all the time that same question...and my response is always the same...yes ...you can buy it from the factory...but you have to go thru us to get it....and I have to ask...why is you dont want to deal with them?

2006 Torch Red GT 5 speed Black Leather Shaker Hood Scoop CAI black spoiler mirror covers shorty antenna black billett fuel door mustang license plate brackets
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

I'm a younger buyer (22), and they generally treat me like they don't have the time of day. I ask performance questions and they just try to pull wool over my eyes. I also feel they took advantage of my mother who knows nothing about cars.

Since I cannot avoid the dealership experience altogether, if I purchase from a distant dealership and have ford performance parts installed will I have trouble with the local dealer obeying the warranty?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

if the ford racing parts are installed from the factory they will be covered under warranty. but i dont think you can get ford racing parts from the factory. there is a whole bunch of threads and posts about warranty issues. if you modify your stang and a after market part , or for that matter a ford racing part installed causes some factory part to fail the warranty will not cover that repair.i just got an 07 gt and you should be fine with what you order lots of power, and might i suggest you order the 3:55 gears . thats what i have in my gt 5 speed and it will move just fine down the road. good luck on your purchase. feel free to message me if you need any more info.

the72fins

2007 gt vista blue convert. 5 speed, 3:55 gears, UIP, 18" billets, charcole interior, gt package, JBA Axel backs, sequential turn signals, C&L CAI, with brenspeed 93 oct. tune, american muscle black out kit for all lights, roush short throw shifter, steeda underdrive pulleys, pypes off road H pipe

Future mods...... long tube headers, cam, suspension and the list goes on
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jasons99gt
I'm a sales manager at a dealership in ohio. If I can help out, let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

99gt vert, CAI, Ford Racing Shortie Headers, MAC 2.5in catback, MAC o/r h-pipe, FRPP alum. driveshaft, March underdrive pullies, sct custom dyno tune, eibach pro-kit, bullitt alum pedals, Cobra Brake Kit, Tokico shocks and struts, PIAA bright whites...FRPP 4.10s!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
I'm a younger buyer (22), and they generally treat me like they don't have the time of day. I ask performance questions and they just try to pull wool over my eyes.
I felt the same way when I went to my local Ford dealer. It seems that they think a young person doesn't have enough dough to get one.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I live here in Michigan, if you like I can get you some dealer names, mine being one of them.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page