Color me confused... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
Color me confused...

When I first looked at the 2007 models on Ford's website, I saw the Dove interior and it really caught my eye. I've since ordered the IUP and PTP on my Alloy, fully realizing that the seats do not come in that color on the website (although they should come in the lighter color like the parchment and chamois do). First, let me be sure: the Dove with the PTP seats are black, while the lighter colors like chamois and parchment get the colored seats. WTF? Just finished reading the 2007 brochure and the Premier Trim Package is described as this:

Dark Charcoal interior and carpet, and chamois, red, dark charcoal dove or parchment leather trimmed sport front bucket seats, rear seats, door trim insters and floor mats.

Doesn't this make it sound like the seats should be the same color as the trim? Am I missing something?

Ordered 8/17/06 - 2007 Ford Mustang GT - Alloy Grey, 5 speed, 18" fanblades, Interior Upgrade Package, Premium Interior Trim, GT appearance package, wheel locks, spoiler delete, 3.55 limited slip rear end. Scheduled for production 11/6/06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Sounds like the CS seats where they are black on the outside, and has a different color in the centers.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006
S197 Member

Did they stop offering the red leather seats? I was looking around and couldn't find any on the Ford website.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisee
Did they stop offering the red leather seats? I was looking around and couldn't find any on the Ford website.
I just checked on Ford.ca and they are still offering it, it's under the 'color accent package' so red doesn't appear when you're selecting the interior color.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
S197 Member

The Dove inserts are cool. Here's a pic of a redfire vert with dove inserts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Saddleback Mustang Show 011.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	19454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saddleback Mustang Show 012.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	19455  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
The Dove inserts are cool. Here's a pic of a redfire vert with dove inserts
I agree. I really like that color combination. I believe that is only available on the California Special package in that configuration.

Ordered 8/17/06 - 2007 Ford Mustang GT - Alloy Grey, 5 speed, 18" fanblades, Interior Upgrade Package, Premium Interior Trim, GT appearance package, wheel locks, spoiler delete, 3.55 limited slip rear end. Scheduled for production 11/6/06.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to speedytang
The Dove color on the inserts really shows dirt and wear. Don't EVER wear a new pair of jeans on that Dove Center because it will not come off. Has Ford started treating the interior with ScotchGard or anything yet because the material stains really bad and water spots on that Dove are hard to get out also without showing color rings. I have many hours trying to correct some seats with all those problems and the truck only has 6k miles and the girl was crying while I was trying to remove the stains.

Twin Turbo Intercooled(TTi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page