Must have mods? or modding for Dummies... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fin1
Lol thanks. The car is good for high tens, the driver (*cough* me *cough*) however is only good for mid-to-high 11s for now. I've had it up to 123MPH so the ET is there. The clutch is causing me greif and we are still trying to get it sorted out. It's either fry the stock one or have power shift issue with RAM one.
Only mid to high 11s. How can you look at yourself in the mirror? What tires are you running at the track?

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Or any LED lighting products (inside or out)
...or Lambo doors

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Only mid to high 11s. How can you look at yourself in the mirror? What tires are you running at the track?
I'm running M/T's. My short times are not the issue (1.7). 3rd gear is. The RAM clutch does not powershift for crap. So about at the 1/8th mark, I'm spending 1-3 seconds trying to jam the shifter in 3rd while basicly coasting. On one run I was pushing so hard on the shifter that it slipped out of my hands and I hit my helmet on the steering wheel.

It's back at the shop getting the clutch "addressed".

Silver 2005 Mustang GT

PowerHouse: Turbo & Chassis/Suspension
Fox Lake: Short Block & Heads
Complete Mod List: See my WWW homepage

Brad

S197 Member

Quote:
I'm running M/T's. My short times are not the issue (1.7). 3rd gear is. The RAM clutch does not powershift for crap. So about at the 1/8th mark, I'm spending 1-3 seconds trying to jam the shifter in 3rd while basicly coasting. On one run I was pushing so hard on the shifter that it slipped out of my hands and I hit my helmet on the steering wheel.

It's back at the shop getting the clutch "addressed".
Perhaps your engine is torquing (moving / twisting_) and your shifter is not properly aligned to complete the move.

I suggest different engine mounts and the Powerhouse rear brace with them there torque arms that connect to the belohousing area..

OR maybe you have the clutch with TOO many pucks on it... (SAme part number but WRONG)

just a thought, and a way for you to spend more money!!!
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig4Fun
Perhaps your engine is torquing (moving / twisting_) and your shifter is not properly aligned to complete the move.

I suggest different engine mounts and the Powerhouse rear brace with them there torque arms that connect to the belohousing area..

OR maybe you have the clutch with TOO many pucks on it... (SAme part number but WRONG)

just a thought, and a way for you to spend more money!!!
I have just about every PowerHouse/CHE item they offer including tq limiters and brace. The engine/trany does not move. The clutch is the issue, more specificly the RAM pressure plate, and there are many others having powershifting issues with after market clutches. Mike is going to try and use the RAM disk with the stock pressure plate to resolve it.

Silver 2005 Mustang GT

PowerHouse: Turbo & Chassis/Suspension
Fox Lake: Short Block & Heads
Complete Mod List: See my WWW homepage

Brad
S197 Member

Quote:
I have just about every PowerHouse/CHE item they offer including tq limiters and brace. The engine/trany does not move. The clutch is the issue, more specificly the RAM pressure plate, and there are many others having powershifting issues with after market clutches. Mike is going to try and use the RAM disk with the stock pressure plate to resolve it.
I wondered... I have some notes around here some place about an issue with it. I think it is widely known NOW!!!

I want to get the tq. limiters and brace. that's my next mod to buy...

I wish you well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page