GT Mustang market update........... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

^^^^^^^

Head on over to F-150online and read a few posts -- resale values for F-150's (as well as Chevrolet and Dodge fullsize trucks) are dropping like a rock!

All I can say is that if your brother got that much for his F-150 in trade (especially a stripper XL model) he should give the dealer an open-mouthed kiss on the lips! I'll guarantee you that right now here in Houston I can buy a brand new XL Scab for less than they gave him in trade on his used '05 model!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Ok folks. I have read your responses to my original and post repost. Sure these cars will depreciate to some extent but I remember all too well the waiting lists for the 05's. As I said before the dealers marketed these babies up thousands of dollars with adendum stickers, remember? I waited for just the right car and paid a premium price for it. Now, when the same dealer offers me $12,000 less for the same car they wanted me to pay above sticker price for just 15 months ago that pisses me off..........

Sorry to be so blunt........but if the shoe fits........

As I said I "did not" buy my car for investment, I bought because I like it. It just amases me that they have swung the other way so fast...............

Jeff

PONY Member
S197 Member

Just wait for the left over 06 models to be gone, with their $1500 rebate, and 0% interest. Prices will come back up some. I bet you could get near $25000, trade value for your 05 vs an 07.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddellwo
^^^^^^^

Head on over to F-150online and read a few posts -- resale values for F-150's (as well as Chevrolet and Dodge fullsize trucks) are dropping like a rock!

All I can say is that if your brother got that much for his F-150 in trade (especially a stripper XL model) he should give the dealer an open-mouthed kiss on the lips! I'll guarantee you that right now here in Houston I can buy a brand new XL Scab for less than they gave him in trade on his used '05 model!

I will pass that suggesstion on to him...his wife may object, but under these circumstances, she may have to accept it and downright agree.

On another note, when I went to trade in my Fusion at one dealer (the car cost approx. $24K new and was about 8 months old at the time of trade in), I was only offered $10,500 for a fully loaded '06 Fusion SEL V6 that had average mileage, in excellent condition, and had several upgrades. I obviously rejected that offer. When I did end up trading the Fusion in for my F-150 (at the same dealer my brother went to), I ended up getting $19K for it. At first I was a little taken back that a new car from Ford in excellent condition had depreciated that much in a short time. I grant, I understand that traditionally, you loose a couple grand of the value the moment you drive it off the lot. Plus if you happen to put very little or no money down on top of paying close to MSRP and then financing the tax/license/registration, then of course you are goign to be upside down in just about any car. I just did not expect it to drop quite that much so quick. But in the end, after I thought about it, I decided it was about right.

In my case, it tuned out that I eneded up getting very close to payoff value. Plus with 0% financing, it was all good.

I must make note, that if anyone has been following the news, buying ANY American car (except maybe for the Vette) is a risky investment. Since all of the American car manufacturers are having financial woes of their oen, best to remember, if buying American, buy for purpose or practicality not for investment.

I remember at one time (okay for many years) the Ford F-150 was one of two best resale vehciles in the world (dollar for dollar), second only to Merrcedes. NOW, a F-150's value plumets like a brick being dropped from the sky.
S197 Member

I brought my 06 premium Gt manual, IUP build date 06/06 with 9 miles on it for 24,300 out the door before trade. If you can buy a new one for this price who would by a used one anywhere near this price.

Thats whats driving the GTs price down. Wait until the rebates and 0% financing is gone and the prices should stabilize.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citruspilot
Whats happening to our GT's??? They have plummeted in value if you ask me. Maybe in 25 years our 05's will be worth $40,000.

Jeff
In 25 years, 40,000 for a car probably won't be that much. :hihi:

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
S197 Member

Lots of Idiots bought their Stang Gts for over sticker and now they are crying.
We told them that they were idiots and the prices will drop fast,nobody believed it.
Prices will keep dropping and many are NOT crying because the Smart ones waited and bought theirs at Invoice or even less....
Screw the dealers I felt and that means everyone around me except for the dealer that got me my stang Gt at Invoice from and I will buy from him in the future.......
No wonder ford and gm is going going broke and their stocks are rated as JUNK...
You will see in the next 10 years Ford and GM will not be making any cars in this country,,,alllll the cars will be Toyotas with the fords names on them......
Yea in 10 years you can buy a 2016 Mustang GT made by Toyota from Japan....lol....JT

The Ford 150 mentioned here was only 2 wheel drive. Depending on your location 4 wheel drive vehicles have a good resell value.

If anyone thought with production of over 150,000 cars a year (2005 & 2006), that the insane resale prices we were seeing in 2005 and the 1st quarter of 2006, would continue, then you are delusional. Fact is all cars, American, German, Japanese, all depreciate substantially over the first five years. Historically, Mustang Gt's retain 50% of their sticker price at 5 years - that compares very favorably with Hondas, Toyotas and even Corvettes - most American cars and trucks are at 30%, sometimes less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page