An all Mustang Weekend - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

An all Mustang Weekend

Well, had a great weekend. Friday evening I took the Mustang to a local Cruise-in. Spent a couple of hours, and got a couple of ohhs and ahhs. A nice kick off.
Saturday I packed the wife and kids off to a Carshow/ County Fair about an hour south of me. I got to do the carshow thing, the kids got to go on the rides, and my wife was happy to look at the crafts and just spend time as a family. I even made some new friends. (OK, so he drives a Chevy, we can't all be perfect) Took a trophy home to boot. I also got to see my first DeTomaso Pantera in person. Way cool car. Asked the guy one question and the next thing you know he's tearing his car apart.
Sunday I went to another car show at the local Harley Davidson place put on by the Kiwanis Club. Got to see some great cars, including an absolutely pristine '64 convertible that was just finished. Oddly enough, on my way into the parking lot, I was behind a Ferrari F-430. I thought I was in for some stiff competition, but wanted a look at that Ferrari anyway. Imagine my disapointment when they turned into the supermarket lot. WHO TAKES A FERRARI TO GO FOOD SHOPPING? Anyway, it was a good day, took home another trophy. I love shows, you meet the best people.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2574.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	551.3 KB
ID:	19442  

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Wow what a great weekend! Congrats on your trophy.

Can life get any better????
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006
S197 Member

Heres what I want to know. How does a "new' car get trophies? I mean its new right? There shouldnt be anything worn, torn, or abused. I see alot of newer Mustangs with these trophies and I wonder what they went up against............ A 1970 Mustang with 70,000 miles thats been sitting in someones garage?

Just wondering thats all.................

Jeff

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'd have to say that anybody can own a car such as ours.
Yet, not everyone takes the time to take care of them, perhaps
a custom paint job or stripe. Nice wheels ETC... So my guess
is that people just appreciate the "classic" beauty that these
Mustangs possess.
I see many Mustangs in any given day however, I hardly ever
see one that stands out in a crowd. When I do it gets my attention!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
Rookie

Hi white angel, id like to ask u question,i just bought myself a new gt convertiable, and ive got this vibration up through the center consul next to the gear shift, also my dash board squeeks on the drivers side,,have you any problems like this ,,or have u heard anything bout this,,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY STABLE
Hi white angel, id like to ask u question,i just bought myself a new gt convertiable, and ive got this vibration up through the center consul next to the gear shift, also my dash board squeeks on the drivers side,,have you any problems like this ,,or have u heard anything bout this,,
Sorry I don't ,You might try posting your question in the tech section of the year of your mustang. Scroll to the bottom of the
page you go to and there should be an area to post a new thread. Also try searching for posts on this subject, I've seen them
out there!
Someone should be able to help you. Good luck!:eyepoppin

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citruspilot
Heres what I want to know. How does a "new' car get trophies? I mean its new right? There shouldnt be anything worn, torn, or abused. I see alot of newer Mustangs with these trophies and I wonder what they went up against............ A 1970 Mustang with 70,000 miles thats been sitting in someones garage?

Jeff
In my case, I have a custom paint job, and accessories. My engine is also completely detailed. It's never seen rain. A car doesn't have to be old to show. I'm usually not in the same class as the classic mustangs anyway. Of the two shows I was in this weekend, one had me in a 2000 and newer class, and the second show was spectator/ participant choice. I've been in all Mustang shows where they're broken down into classic, fox body, fox-4 body, and S197's. Those will usually be broken down further into convertible, or specialty mustangs like Roush, Saleen, etc. A show like that might see 12 or more classes.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
Snackmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by citruspilot

Jeff
You're absolutely right and I felt the same way until I had my first show. I was showing my 96 GT that we'd had for a year and had bought in 99. It appeared clean and perfect But you'd be surprised at the detail that's involved in getting even a new car "show ready". There are nooks and crannys that can need attention straight from the dealer. I have an appreciation for showing new cars that I didn't before. As stated above as well, they typically have the cars in different classes so the idea of a person driving a car off the lot straight to a show and beating a clean and straight vintage Stang won't happen.

Snack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page