Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
S197 Member

a 10.99.. just made it into the 10s..

those 325's in the back just look badass

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
wow!! That didn't take long at all. Everyone that was complaining about the road test 1/4 mile times earlier this year can bite one now.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03
wow!! That didn't take long at all. Everyone that was complaining about the road test 1/4 mile times earlier this year can bite one now.

The Evo Car is modded though, when we were talking about 1/4 mile times compared with the c6, they were in stock form. There are plenty of C6's in the 10s too with mods..

One thing, when i was reading the mods of the Evo Cobra it didnt mention a ported blower, until i watched the video. It was 560/560 with a porter blower? should'nt it be more? i see that with 03-04 cobras with the same mods.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Those guys know what they are doing.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

What did Evo do to it?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
Snackmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
What did Evo do to it?
They made it fast

The mods are listed in the opening sequence of the vid.

Awesome.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster
They made it fast

The mods are listed in the opening sequence of the vid.

Awesome.
HAHAHAHA nice response!

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006
Snackmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
HAHAHAHA nice response!
Sorry Bud!

For some reason I always manage to have a smart*ss response to your threads.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Yeah, Evo got it into the 10's with mods. But what I want to see are real times from Joe Blow off the street who takes his GT500 to the track. I have yet to see those. I'm sure with some practice even a near stock GT500 will be a low-mid 12 second car.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03
Yeah, Evo got it into the 10's with mods. But what I want to see are real times from Joe Blow off the street who takes his GT500 to the track. I have yet to see those. I'm sure with some practice even a near stock GT500 will be a low-mid 12 second car.
I'd be more wowed at high 11s. The C6 vette does low 12s and they cost pretty much the same price MSRP...except the GT500 won't sell for anything below 15k above that so....for once I think the mustang loses the bang for the buck here.

2013 Shelby GT500
S197 Member

What I was really surprised about what for the mods that that car has....it should be making more power. I've seen plenty of 03-04 cobras in the same range..in fact, i know someone who has similar mods on his 04 and hes at 530 range. Plus the car is 4000lbs doesnt make it the best performer.. the only reason the C6 can hang is because of its light weight.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
What I was really surprised about what for the mods that that car has....it should be making more power. I've seen plenty of 03-04 cobras in the same range..in fact, i know someone who has similar mods on his 04 and hes at 530 range. Plus the car is 4000lbs doesnt make it the best performer.. the only reason the C6 can hang is because of its light weight.
I'm (car) naked here..with a sold stang sitting in my driveway ...& paid for ..so don't want to take it out ...meanwhile ..waiting forever on the shelby(s) so I revisited the C-6 ....test drove a vert ..auto w/paddle shift but pretty anemic....the auto's have 2:59 rears WTH ! Wife doesn't want to mess w/a stick but after driving the relatively slow vert ...a yellow Z06 caught my eye ...I may take it for a test drive ...scared that if I do ...the heck w/the old lady ...those 505 horses from that 427 aluminum engine...with carbon fiber fenders...magnesium engine mount , titanium valves , hydroformed aluminum frame...heads up display & Nav ..to name just a few goodies ...are starting to look aweful appealing ....this commercial however is keeping me grounded ....although the $$$ is burning the proverbial hole ....
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2006...commercial.php
I think I could be happy w/the Z06 & a shelby vert LOL

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboz
I'm (car) naked here..with a sold stang sitting in my driveway ...& paid for ..so don't want to take it out ...meanwhile ..waiting forever on the shelby(s) so I revisited the C-6 ....test drove a vert ..auto w/paddle shift but pretty anemic....the auto's have 2:59 rears WTH ! Wife doesn't want to mess w/a stick but after driving the relatively slow vert ...a yellow Z06 caught my eye ...I may take it for a test drive ...scared that if I do ...the heck w/the old lady ...those 505 horses from that 427 aluminum engine...with carbon fiber fenders...magnesium engine mount , titanium valves , hydroformed aluminum frame...heads up display & Nav ..to name just a few goodies ...are starting to look aweful appealing ....this commercial however is keeping me grounded ....although the $$$ is burning the proverbial hole ....
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2006...commercial.php
I think I could be happy w/the Z06 & a shelby vert LOL

I say keep one stang......a shelby vert would be nice...but a Z06 would be crazy! I know of someone that has an 06 C6, and its an auto and your right, they are very anemic. He took it to a shop and had 4:09 gears, long tubes, full catback, cold air and tune, and it totally woke up the car! But can you imagine that in a Z06... a stock 11 second street car that has all the luxury items is a heck of a car if you ask me. Your a lucky man...keep me posted.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
I say keep one stang......a shelby vert would be nice...but a Z06 would be crazy! I know of someone that has an 06 C6, and its an auto and your right, they are very anemic. He took it to a shop and had 4:09 gears, long tubes, full catback, cold air and tune, and it totally woke up the car! But can you imagine that in a Z06... a stock 11 second street car that has all the luxury items is a heck of a car if you ask me. Your a lucky man...keep me posted.
Yo , Sin thanks for the tip ..if I end up w/ a vette auto , those mods definately sound worthy ....my intention all along was to just keep the gt500 vert ...only reason I ordered 2 was that the opportunity presented itself @ marginally over sticker ...so pretty much figured I'd flip the coupe ...unlike dealers however I would list on ebay a @ my cost & where ever it ended up is fine by me...the vette has ALLOT more polish , amenities etc..than the stang & the Z06 is pretty incredible ...Quite frankly I find what the dealers have done w/the shelby's pretty distasteful & IMO it paints a pretty crappy picture for ford who's struggling no less...they should have just ramped up to meet demand ..period ..why alienate customers ??

On another note I noticed a dealer in vegas selling an XLR-V pretty cheap ....for 60K that would be a hell of a car

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page