ordered CHE Lca's - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Do you have to jack stand the car on both sides or do you install one side at a time? Did the jack go on the axle housing?

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

What DC show was it?

Osiris - '07 Shelby GT500 - Black
under construction
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213
Do you have to jack stand the car on both sides or do you install one side at a time? Did the jack go on the axle housing?
I'd raise both wheels on jackstands by the axle. But only do one side at a time. If you remove both stock LCAs, the axle might rotate and you'll have a tougher time with the install. Recommend removing both wheels to make the install easier. Especially since you have to detach the emergency brake cable at the caliper (it just slips right off).

1965 Mustang Coupe

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
I'd raise both wheels on jackstands by the axle. But only do one side at a time. If you remove both stock LCAs, the axle might rotate and you'll have a tougher time with the install. Recommend removing both wheels to make the install easier. Especially since you have to detach the emergency brake cable at the caliper (it just slips right off).
Thanks for the info stlwagon … now which ones to get? My son who'll get this car part time next year will want the Steeda bling I bet.

2005 GT coupe
R3dF1r3

I really like these guys' products.

Black is very nice looking.

How is the vibration and noise now with the poly bushings?
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dF1r3
I really like these guys' products.

Black is very nice looking.

How is the vibration and noise now with the poly bushings?
I've got the BMRs. They are a little noisier than the stock with the rubber bushings but not nearly as bad as the BMRs with the metal spherical bushings.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info stlwagon … now which ones to get? My son who'll get this car part time next year will want the Steeda bling I bet.
The Steedas and the Motoblue CNC machined aluminum do look nice and they are lighter. But at $300, don't think they're really that much better than the powdercoated chromoly steel ones.

1965 Mustang Coupe
BOSS Member
S197 Member

What kinda noise are we talking about?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
What kinda noise are we talking about?
Yes, what kind of noise? If you swap out the LCA's no matter what brand … you get more noise? My car sounds prety clunky in the rear enough w/o adding more. I wonder if something is loose back there sometimes. Hard to explain, but it's definately more noisy in the right rear area going over slightly bumpy road. Sorry for jumping off topic here.

2005 GT coupe
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Yes, what kind of noise? If you swap out the LCA's no matter what brand … you get more noise? My car sounds prety clunky in the rear enough w/o adding more. I wonder if something is loose back there sometimes. Hard to explain, but it's definately more noisy in the right rear area going over slightly bumpy road. Sorry for jumping off topic here.
LOL. I hate mods where you give something up for something better. Better handling, but more noise when you are supposed to be enjoying the handling. :hihi:

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
LOL. I hate mods where you give something up for something better. Better handling, but more noise when you are supposed to be enjoying the handling. :hihi:
Better handling = bumpier ride. But hey - it's not a luxury car!

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

S197 Member

I wouldn't think they'd clunk more, telegraph more road noise maybe? The factory lowers are a joke, so it's a no brainer IMO.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
It's not clunky but I've noticed since I've replaced everything that it seems to amplify road noise more. The poly bushings aren't nearly as cushy as the stocker rubber ones, so I'm not surprised.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page