Under hood dress up - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Here's mine. I'm in the process of changing out the hardware for true chrome, no covers. I managed to find metric grade 8.8 chrome acorn nuts for the front struts. I got the chrome strut covers from Moss Auto. I'm going to send my hood prop and fuel rail out to be chromed as well. The valve covers will be powder coated hopefully this winter. I'm also going to install an S&B cold air kit. I'm not really into billet covers. If it's a plastic cap, so be it. If it's metal, I'd like it chromed or powder coated. Braided hoses would be nice.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2636.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	552.1 KB
ID:	19601   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2637.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	553.9 KB
ID:	19602  

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwwest
Very nice. What did you use to cover the hoses? Really like the Legend Lime radiator cover. Did you paint it yourself? Any problems with the paint staying on the plastic?
I used this to cover hoses and other wires Bentley Harris Convoshield Chrome Corrugated tubing

I had the radiator cover painted along with my Cali Dream hood. A local dealer did it. My son and my Bro in law both had theirs done also and no problems for any of us. Thanks for the compliments.

Here is some on my GT500. The ABS TC lines by the air filter look pretty cool with the loom.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine 001.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	19603  
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyman
I used this to cover hoses and other wires Bentley Harris Convoshield Chrome Corrugated tubing

I had the radiator cover painted along with my Cali Dream hood. A local dealer did it. My son and my Bro in law both had theirs done also and no problems for any of us. Thanks for the compliments.

Here is some on my GT500. The ABS TC lines by the air filter look pretty cool with the loom.
Another source for the wire looming is mustangs unlimited:
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/key...uted&x=21&y=11

According to the Midwest Auto website, they're going to be producing painted radiator covers soon as well as battery boxes.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny
Another source for the wire looming is mustangs unlimited:
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/key...uted&x=21&y=11

According to the Midwest Auto website, they're going to be producing painted radiator covers soon as well as battery boxes.
Interesting on the radiator covers. Just don't see how they can make them and paint them for less than just painting the stock one. I didn't use Midwest for the loom because they didn't have chrome as I recall. I do have their plenum cover on my LL that was flamed by Hireman.
GT Member
4.6L Member

Scramblr - looks great! -- how about the new Midwest Auto Gear shock tower covers: http://www.midwestautogear.com/index...d=41&Itemid=83

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
Scramblr - looks great! -- how about the new Midwest Auto Gear shock tower covers: http://www.midwestautogear.com/index...d=41&Itemid=83
Thanks Meatball!! Yeah, I just saw those covers the other day. Not sure about them yet. I think I'd like to see some "real world" photos on someone's car first. Plus I need to see how easy they come on and off as I have Tokico D-Specs and I need to get to the top of the strut to adjust them.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page