Bamachips or Brenspeed?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Bamachips or Brenspeed??

Wanna buy a CAI and SCT...what do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006
S197 Member

MD Motorsports in Cincinnati. OH

Craig

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
Wanna buy a CAI and SCT...what do you guys think?
I've used both tuners with great success.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
I've used both tuners with great success.
Went with Bamachips...c&l with sct
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

good coice. Thats who I'll be going with in a couple of weeks.

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigels
MD Motorsports in Cincinnati. OH

Craig
I had horrible service from MD. I ordered a Tunable Induction system which they never sent after 6 weeks despite telling me it was "in the mail" at week two. I ended up getting it directly from John at TI who was very responsive. I eventually managed to get an 87 octane tune and a 93 octane tune from MD after clearly specifying I was limited to California 91 octane. From what my SOTP told me, the tunes took into account the larger MAF housing but otherwise felt the same as stock in terms of throttle response. Out of frustration I bought the 91 octane performance tune from Bamachips and it dramatically improved overall response and made my car feel like I thought it should. Lots of people have been satisfied with MD and maybe they could do just as good a job. However I gave them more than ample opportunity and they just blew me off.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Went with Bamachips...c&l with sct
You won't be sorry. Great service and support. Very happy with the tunes.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm very happy with BamaChips.

'06 GT, manual, Satin Silver, lt. grey cloth int., IUP.
MODIFICATIONS - Goodyear F1 GS-D3s; 245/45 on 18x9, 275/40 on 18x10| Progress Technology springs & sway bars| Steeda adj. panhard bar, panhard brace, front control arm brace & bushings| strut tower brace| Tokico D-Spec dampers| CHE adj. LCAs & BMR relocation brackets |drilled & slotted front rotors| C&L intake| BamaChips SCT tune| FRPP 4.10 ring & pinion| Pypes off road H-pipes| FRPP GTA mufflers.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006
Apprentice

I know people who are happy with BAMACHIPS and I am happy with BRENSPEED.

I went with BRENSPEED for my C&L Racer kit and SCT Xcal2 because Brent offered a better price. Brent and his crew are easy to work with in my limited experience so far. I am new to this tuning stuff so I had to call for some instructions for the user modifiable options on the SCT Xcal2. They were more than willing to walk me through a few things and offered to send me a modified tune to match the user modifications I was attempting (idle speed, top speed, rev limiter, etc.).

I don't think you can go wrong either way you go.

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot250
I know people who are happy with BAMACHIPS and I am happy with BRENSPEED.

I went with BRENSPEED for my C&L Racer kit and SCT Xcal2 because Brent offered a better price. Brent and his crew are easy to work with in my limited experience so far. I am new to this tuning stuff so I had to call for some instructions for the user modifiable options on the SCT Xcal2. They were more than willing to walk me through a few things and offered to send me a modified tune to match the user modifications I was attempting (idle speed, top speed, rev limiter, etc.).

I don't think you can go wrong either way you go.
Heard great things about both vendors thats why I had narrowed the choices to Brenspeed and BamaChips it was a toss up really. It's just that Dougs name keep popping up all the time and always with good results.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I went with Brenspeed, to retune my SCT 2 that I bought orginally from MD in cinci. I wish I had gone with Brenspeed from the start.
The best customer service, and great tunes. Competitive prices......it they sell it, and I'm buying it, I'm gettin' it at Brenspeed.
I called twice with questions and spoke directly to Brent White,(owner) both times. These guys are the best.
I can't say anything about bama chips.....I don't know.

Good Luck!

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
S197 Member

Went with Brenspeed for Xcal2 and C&L. Liked them enough I went back for a nitrous tune.
Apprentice

Quote:
Heard great things about both vendors thats why I had narrowed the choices to Brenspeed and BamaChips it was a toss up really. It's just that Dougs name keep popping up all the time and always with good results.
Let us know how you like it! I'm sure it will cause a perma-grin! Like I said, probably can't go wrong either way...

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page