Street Racing District Attorney?! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Street Racing District Attorney?!

It doesn't get much more ignorant than this folks... The dumba$$ is supposed to prosecute this kind of stuff, not indulge in it:

DISCIPLINE POSSIBLE

Deputy district attorney hurt in racing incident

A Clark County deputy district attorney was seriously injured after a street racing incident resulted in a wreck early Sunday and may face discipline for his actions, authorities said.

Ravi Bawa was cited for making an unsafe turning movement after racing a Ford Mustang resulting in a wreck about 1:10 a.m. at Oakey Boulevard and Western Avenue, according to the Las Vegas police report. Bawa was driving a BMW sedan at the time and lost control slamming into a trash can, gas pump and another vehicle at a 7-Eleven convenience store.

Bawa was seriously injured in the wreck. No one else was injured, according to the police report.

"We are still reviewing the facts and circumstances to determine the proper personal action," said District Attorney David Roger.
He added his office is still waiting for the results from a blood test taken at University Medical Center after the wreck.

From here: http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/9644087.html

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
S197 Member

he wasn't racing me. My car's in the shop. :hihi:

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisee
he wasn't racing me. My car's in the shop. :hihi:

Mine was at home... napping. :yelpleased:

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
S197 Member

Funny that there waiting for the blood alcohol test results......
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
Funny that there waiting for the blood alcohol test results......
Makes it all that much uglier...

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
It doesn't get much more ignorant than this folks... The dumba$$ is supposed to prosecute this kind of stuff, not indulge in it:

DISCIPLINE POSSIBLE

Deputy district attorney hurt in racing incident

A Clark County deputy district attorney was seriously injured after a street racing incident resulted in a wreck early Sunday and may face discipline for his actions, authorities said.

Ravi Bawa was cited for making an unsafe turning movement after racing a Ford Mustang resulting in a wreck about 1:10 a.m. at Oakey Boulevard and Western Avenue, according to the Las Vegas police report. Bawa was driving a BMW sedan at the time and lost control slamming into a trash can, gas pump and another vehicle at a 7-Eleven convenience store.

Bawa was seriously injured in the wreck. No one else was injured, according to the police report.

"We are still reviewing the facts and circumstances to determine the proper personal action," said District Attorney David Roger.
He added his office is still waiting for the results from a blood test taken at University Medical Center after the wreck.

From here: http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Sep-14-
Thu-2006/news/9644087.html
I wonder who pulled whom...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
nghtrnnr

sincitystang? youre being strangely quiet on this..lol
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
S197 Member

someone from NV go here, log in and see if there's a kill story on this...

http://forum.snma.net/index.php?act=idx
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened
someone from NV go here, log in and see if there's a kill story on this...

http://forum.snma.net/index.php?act=idx
I just registered there and am waiting for the Admin to let me play.

I'll let ya know!

S197 Member

Quote:
I just registered there and am waiting for the Admin to let me play.

I'll let ya know!
Ditto...I heard they're kinda weird about us S197 guys
S197 Member

Well guys, it wasn't me racing....i was sleeping! I also checked the SNMA formum and no one even knows about it...... we'll see if someone brags about a BMW kill... There are enough idiots on Vegas roads..
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisee
Ditto...I heard they're kinda weird about us S197 guys
Oooooh! I love a challenge (of words!) :hihi:

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
Well guys, it wasn't me racing....i was sleeping! I also checked the SNMA formum and no one even knows about it...... we'll see if someone brags about a BMW kill... There are enough idiots on Vegas roads..
Too true, neighbor... That's why my pony only has 9,500 miles on her after 1.5 years.

S197 Member

Quote:
Too true, neighbor... That's why my pony only has 9,500 miles on her after 1.5 years.
My car is a year old now too, it has 8K on it. I do drive a work truck most of a time, but i drive the stang as much as possible. Is your car a GT or V6?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
My car is a year old now too, it has 8K on it. I do drive a work truck most of a time, but i drive the stang as much as possible. Is your car a GT or V6?
Mine's a V6 and my everyday-drive to/from work, the car wash and occasional weekend get-together with friends. For everything else, we take hubby's Honda Pilot, though grocery and post office runs are shared, depending on the day of the week (we don't have the same days off).

I'm lucky; my morning drive is very early, so traffic is really light. It's the afternoons that bite. People are insane. I'm constantly amazed at the bold (and royally stupid) moves I see out there. My favorite...? A guy in a Tahoe in the far right lane stopped at a redlight - the light turned green and he pulled a U-turn right in front of the car between us and me... I had the green left arrow. Thank goodness I paused. I have a feeling the guy would have just ran off if I'd hit him. Pure gall... Why not drive ahead and pull a safe U-turn? Is it that much fun putting themselves and everyone around them at risk? Who knows...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page