Just plain irresponsible - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Just plain irresponsible

I'm always up for a cruise but when I saw this I decided against it. Check out the videos on this site. Is it just me, or are these guys promoting irresponsible driving. I guess I must be getting old but I think this represents everything bad about our hobby.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=64767

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
S197 Member

IMO- It seems kinda controlled but I can see what you mean. Its something you definitly dont want to do everyday. Unless you hav an unlimited budget for tires.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
I'm always up for a cruise but when I saw this I decided against it. Check out the videos on this site. Is it just me, or are these guys promoting irresponsible driving. I guess I must be getting old but I think this represents everything bad about our hobby.

Yeah, fun, untill some yahoo hits you car or the CHP or local Sheriff swoop down, I'll pass

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
S197 Member

Yes it is irresponsible but at one point or another we have all been a little stupid.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

There's something to be said for half the guys in a tailgate party run, leaving the parking lot sideways.

Awful lot of young faces in that crowd.

Sure seems to be a large horsepower to age ratio.

Let's see... Mine's 8.11:1

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006
S197 Member

12.5:1 for my HP:Age ratio but I definitely agree with y'all about the irresponsibility. It's actually one of the reasons why I stopped being involved with the local Porsche group's drives. They're fun, but they move a lot faster than I want to go on public roads. Take it to the track, that's all there is to say.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I can't wait

I'm actually going to this event on Saturday. I personally won't be doing this type of driving, I don't want any attention from the boys in blue. So I will just be riding along, as I'm sure a lot of people will be doing as well. I'm just excited to be around so many fellow Mustangers. I've been wanting to do this for a while so I can hardly wait. BTW my HP/Age ratio is 12.7:1.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
S197 Member

I feel old - 7.3:1 (without mods)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner

You're probably right 2-Horse. I'll give them one thing though - some good video work

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14Ē Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4ď Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5ď PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
GT Member
S197 Member

egads! my ratio is 6.12:1!!!!

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
PONY Member
S197 Member

First let me start off by saying WOW. I went to the cruise put together by Stable productions this weekend. What a turn out it was. There were at least 70 cars including an AC 427 cobra, a 1967 (I think) Shelby, '00 SVT Cobra R a bunch of Terminators and a bad ass C6 Vette. The weather was perfect for a cruise up PCH. Also there was absolutelly no irratic driving from anyone. No doughnuts, burn outs, street racing sure we reved the hell out of our engines but that was it. Just a bunch of proud Mustangs owner, Oh yeah and the proud Vette owner too, doing what they love most, driving our Stangs. You guys in the S. Cali region really have to come down next year. I mean it felt great when people on PCH would pull over just to see all the cars pass them by. I felt like I was part of a freakin' parade. It was a great feeling and it made me proud to own a car that has so much history behind it. You must check this cruise out.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page