You really should not race on the street - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
its dangerous...racing in general...that accident woulda happened at the track too..they hit each other...this subject comes up everytime someone finds an article in the paper...you all know my view on it, i'm the guy with the "streetracer" license plate. i'll just say this to put it in perspective.There are more old people that get into accidents than streetracers do...should they be allowed to drive? Dont even get me started on the drunk drivers and yet i dont see anyone postin a condemnation of them. what about the younguns that drive stangs and crash due to inexperience, not racin? take the cars from them too? people who drive even though they know they are prone to seizures? one ended up on the second floor of a house 2 days ago...parked in the bathroom!!! people who jaywalk cause more accidents than streetracers do! and chinese...welll nevermind... i understand that people want to villify streetracin..its easy to do...makes everyone feel better somehow...but hey its not goin anywhere its too much fun!! secondhand smoke does more damage to your fellow man and the entire earth than streetracin so lets clean up the real problems
What a load of bull. Streetracing is a choice. An immature choice. If you choose to streetrace and kill someone, you should be tried for 1st degree vehicular homicide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
What a load of bull. Streetracing is a choice. An immature choice. If you choose to streetrace and kill someone, you should be tried for 1st degree vehicular homicide.
sigh...opinions vary

Driving an American freedom/right? No. It's a privilage on a shared road. This is not an opinion. This is fact. I do not wish death upon anybody, however if somebody dies as a result of street racing don't expect me to shed a single tear. I have no sympathy for anybody doing that. Well bystanders on a sidewalk that aren't in any part with the race, that is different obviously.

Illegal abuse of this privilage and misuse of a vehicle in a dangerous manor indeed should be mandatory manslaughter. Get the fast and furious wannabe ****heads out of here. But that's of course for urban areas.

When it comes to the boondocks hitting a bystander isn't happening. So I'm lenient and more acceptable to people going their 1/4s there. Might not be the track but it's also not in the city or outskirts. At least it's a virtually abandoned road, next best thing to a track.

Until the deer join in.

Apprentice
S197 Member

I don't think these posts are going to stop anyone who wants to street race from doing so. The only thing I'll add is this; if you ask the top professional drivers in the world, almost all of them will say that people who race on the streets are freakin' idiots that they don't respect. They've all seen colleagues be killed or permanently injured, and the last thing they want to come across on the street is some idiot who lacks the skill and common sense to be a real racer.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I seem to have started a bit of discussion between us once again.
To bring you up to date - the accident I started the post with was late Tueday night of this past week.
A lot was learned and and individual freedoms prevail - there was another one friday night.
nghtrnnr

as far as so called professional drivers go..uh..big woot...i'd like to see the quote...cause chip foose, carrol shelby and ken brown have all pushed it on a street..but thats neither here nor there...i do my thing on the late night circuit and empty roads...to all of you who dont...thats cool...but let he who is without sin and all that...lets see ...what does more damage than streetracin?...lets take the nghtrnnr hypocrit test shall we
youre a hypocrit if
1 you smoke around other people
2 you go above the speed limit
3 you had that beer and jumped in the car drivers seat
4 you talk on the cell phone while you drive
5 you drive home after a double shift at work
because everyone of those things does more damage more often than johnny streetracer...get real
and dont answer this question except in your head...see the pic below...i took it today on my lil road trip...imagine with me....youre in your stang...along side comes a camaro...he gives the go sign...revs his engine...wants to try it...if in your head you said hell yeah i'd speed up...youre a streetracer son...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	091706_13141.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	19613  
S197 Member

Another little unintended consequence of your street racing accidents is the insurance companies jacking up all of our rates...not good
S197 Member

None of those 5 things you listed has anything to do with street racing. You can't justify bad behavior by bringing up examples of other.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
None of those 5 things you listed has anything to do with street racing. You can't justify bad behavior by bringing up examples of other.
5 wrongs don't make 1 wrong...right
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
read it again...i think it was in english....the plain to see point was that it didnt have anything to do with racing nor was it an attempt to justify it...you do what you want with your life...i'll do the same....the point i clearly made was that "let he who is without sin and all that"...i dont remember saying anything about 5 wrongs making a right either and hey airgo...i havent had one accident or one ticket yet...can you say that? but i think i made my point to those that understand...if you arent guilty of any of those 5 points then you are obviously the lord come again and you can tell me...no...you can order me how to live my life...but if you have done any of those and are still ready to condemn anyone elses lifestyle then...........
nghtrnnr

i think i should clarify something...i dont give a rats patoot if you race or not...i respect why people do...i respect why people dont...i dont race in a way that people get hurt(mostly)and if you are worried about your wife being on the road at 2am in the back alleys of the big city where i race...uh...i hate to tell you but if shes out there...uh....shes really out there if you know what i mean...my point isnt to turn people on to streetracing...and dont think you will ever turn me off to it..it is what it is...i've already had this discussion here and i didnt mean to rehash but when some ******* yahoo wishes my friends death...or some other ******* warrior labels them idiots i have to speak on it...and for those who think i'm off my rocker...go to kill stories...there are legions of motorheads i'm proud to join

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8

My friend was just in town from Miami to go that funeral, apparently his friend was the passenger that got killed from the pole split.. =(
Ironic how lot of these are in tampa.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Sorry nghtrnnr but you are wrong here. We aren't talking about speeding, drinking, smoking or talking on cell phones. We are talking street racing. Any time an innocent can be involved in a tradgedy caused by you or I, then it's time to think again. Your other points are valid ones, but like someone else said earlier, "2 wrongs don't make a right".

Just food for thought......we don't want any 16 year olds reading these threads to think it's ok because their fathers may have a few beers and drive.

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
nghtrnnr

i never said streetracing was right.hell i think its dangerous for sure.like i said ...i wouldnt try to get anyone to start. but real world...it happens...subculture and all that..and no the popular discussion wasnt about my five points...but then again i was born outside the box...DONT RACE !!!!! KIDS OUT THERE? DONT RACE!!!!! but for the rest...the factory districts and back alleys and empty roads belong to me after midnight!! drive there if you dare...if you hear that dixieland airhorn followed by an engine roar...its nghtrnnrs jungle
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	99847075_318585537_0.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	19658  
nghtrnnr

MUUUUUUUUU HAAAAAAA HAAAAAA

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NGHTRNNRS GRAFFITI.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	19659  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page