You really should not race on the street - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Me again---

I have, over the past several months, looked at the Profiles of some of the members posting to these Forums. It would appear there are "Adult" members - 21 and over and some "Younger" members - under 21. The general interest of the members is their automobiles - the ones they own now and the ones they go to sleep thinking about when they are old enough to drive and own.
As an "Adult" member, I think we have a certain responsibility to be sure our posts show our interest in the aspects of responsible ownership.
Many posters race their automobiles in sanctioned areas and tracks, some do not.
Now how do we, as prudent owners of a fun automobile, show by postings and example the responsiblity of owning an automobile to these "up and coming" owners. An intersting question - to change the subject.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

nghtrnnr

vintage and eric are right...actually lots of people are right here (except that clown who wished death on........us)...i was thinkin about a jimmy cagney movie i used to watch with my granma called "angels with dirty faces"...bet ya wonderin where i'm goin with this...you older guys know...i actually happened upon a coupla young guys the other day that yelled nghtrnnr at me when they passed in their stang...hazards of the silver striped stang with the famous streetracer plate i guess...(this site is more popular than i thought)anyway i suppose that that movie teaches ya thing or two about being the mature one...the ending of that movie is my favorite scene in a flick since john wayne kicked down maureen oharas door in "the quiet man". that said i really should denounce the streetracin thing for the sake of the young guys.........its really dangerous...people do die...my uncle flew off the side of the autobahn. know the risk...dont do it around other folks...i'm gonna do what i do...but i'm silly like that

S197 Member

You are a very funny guy!!!

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i never said streetracing was right.hell i think its dangerous for sure.like i said ...i wouldnt try to get anyone to start. but real world...it happens...subculture and all that..and no the popular discussion wasnt about my five points...but then again i was born outside the box...DONT RACE !!!!! KIDS OUT THERE? DONT RACE!!!!! but for the rest...the factory districts and back alleys and empty roads belong to me after midnight!! drive there if you dare...if you hear that dixieland airhorn followed by an engine roar...its nghtrnnrs jungle
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/109180015

Nuff said....be fast....be safe!!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14” Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4“ Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5“ PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
Way too many people are getting killed in Mustangs
Apprentice

Quote:
lol....high five twice..lol
LOL your both asshats.Twice.
S197 Member

Speeding is bad. Mmmkay?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambo2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	19689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambo3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	19690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambo5.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	19691  
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by speco2005
LOL your both asshats.Twice.
whats an asshat? where are you from ace?
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Speeding is bad. Mmmkay?
patrick...no offense but dont you drive a honda?...a HONDA? a ricer tryin to preach in a mustang room? what is this world coming to? i'm quite sure you honda guys dont want anybody speeding...god knows you guys cant do it if you wanted to..i think there may be a sinister motive behind your post...trying to slow the big stangers down are ye lad?https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...er.php?u=36896
S197 Member

Quote:
patrick...no offense but dont you drive a honda?...a HONDA? a ricer tryin to preach in a mustang room? what is this world coming to? i'm quite sure you honda guys dont want anybody speeding...god knows you guys cant do it if you wanted to..i think there may be a sinister motive behind your post...trying to slow the big stangers down are ye lad?https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...er.php?u=36896
Ahhh. You read my sig. However, I am a proud new owner of a 2007 Mustang GT. I would not have registered in this forum if I wasn't planning on getting a stang.

And no, my Honda isn't riced out.

*edit*
sig now updated
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Speeding is bad. Mmmkay?
Well, yeah, that is about the most disgusting picture I have seen.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Patrick,

Maybe if more people saw more images like the third one you posted, they would think twice about going VERY fast...

...still, maybe a warning before they open it...[THIS IMAGE CONTAINS GRAPHIC MATERIAL]...would have been good...

07 GT Vista Blue, Auto, C&L CAI, 3.73 gears, Alternative Auto 93 Tune, 5% Tint, Stripes, 18x9 front/18x10 rears - SOLD

12 GT Black, 6-speed, brembos, 3.73 gears
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Maybe it's just me, but that's worse than having nude pictures of girls next to mustangs on this site....just my .02.

I'm surprised a mod hasn't taken that down, seeing as they don't allow nude pictures, or even very racey pictures of girls.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
SHELBY GT 500 Member

I wonder if it was the guy killed who took the first picture.
Also, wonder what the real story is behind this, Who says he was racing? could have just spun out of control on ice\snow.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
I wonder if it was the guy killed who took the first picture.
Also, wonder what the real story is behind this, Who says he was racing? could have just spun out of control on ice\snow.
Def a possibility. But when one see's a car like that smashed on the side on the road...first thing to come to mind is that he was doing 200 mph and lost control.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page