New KSR grill !!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

New KSR grill !!!

Today I got my KSR grill with center fog lights. Pulled it out of the box, and with excitement I removed my stock grill. I was transferring the fog lights when I noticed that three of the mounting tabs on the sides were broken off. I found the tabs till in the box resting comfortably foam blocks designed to protect them. The box had no damage.

Its Saturday and the place I ordered the grill from is closed so I don't know if I am screwed or not. I will continue to give updates.

Now just in case I am screwed, and I really hate to return stuff, has any one had this problem with the KSR grill and will JB weld fix the problem?

Also, I have noticed that the tabs are not as flexible as the stock grill. If any one has one good luck taking it off.

2005 GT Red
Tokico D-Spec
BMR Fabrication Tubular Adjustable Panhard Bar
BMR Fabrication Upper Panhard Bar Support
Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

JB Weld will hold a lot of stuff. Give it a try. When I installed the Pony grill into my wifes '05 V6 I removed the whole front bumper cover assembly. Was pretty easy to do and I could get to all the grill tabs easily.

06 GT Legend Lime, Konig Beyonds, Hurst, JBA, Steeda stuff, MAC CAI, Sniper tuned, LT's, catted H pipe, VIS Racing CF heat extractor hood, Tokico D-Specs, Silver Horse Racing, LLR #0174

08 GT Performance White, Konig Beyonds, Legend Lime accents.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I'd check with the vendor first before doing the JB Weld. If it doesn't work, the company might give you grief if you send it back with epoxy all over it.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page