'new' movie - the Covenant - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

'new' movie - the Covenant

Okay, I may have missed someone else mentioning (tried a Search and didn't find anything)...but for those sci-fi fans out there...have you seen the trailers to the Covenant?? So cool! There's one scene where they show this guy in a conv. GT (silver) racing down the road (top down) straight at a semi. The car hits the semi, explodes, the wreckage hits the end of the semi, puts itself back together again and keeps racing down the road. I LOVED it! Gotta see this...

Also just found that on the Covenant's official site, there's a form to register to enter a 2006 Ford Mustang conv....

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

That trailer rocks, hope the movie is as good. I got signed up for the Mustang drawing.....it must be a v-6 model, the retail is $26000.

Thanks

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgrl99
...puts itself back together...
and not one drop of leaking brake fluid.

GT with fanblades.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

The movie was horrible.... that part was sweet, but the CGI model of the GT lacked any detail. Looked like a V6 when it came back toegether.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
S197 Member

Yea I don't know, it looks pretty crappy, with poor use of CG, I'll pass.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

I was going to post about this soon, but you beat me to it : ) I thought about seeing it. Overall, is it worth to go see the movie?

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Musclestang
I was going to post about this soon, but you beat me to it : ) I thought about seeing it. Overall, is it worth to go see the movie?
Sounds like maybe not? I dunno. I like these types of flicks, so will probably go see it before it leaves the theater (not one I'd stand in line for like the Star Wars movies, but, hey, can't be all bad if they used a Mustang!!)

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006
S197 Member

[quote=fordgrl99]There's one scene where they show this guy in a conv. GT (silver) racing down the road (top down) straight at a semi. The car hits the semi, explodes, the wreckage hits the end of the semi, puts itself back together again and keeps racing down the road. quote]

This is an option on the s197 model... Mine came equiped with it and tried it! It works! ..... No really!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
V6 Member

Talking

If only that could really happen then no more mustangs would get wrecked lol its an awesome trailer tho i loved the 06 GT Vert and the detail they put into the scene where it pulls its self back together that was so freakin awesome i wish i could do that darn special effects gotta get my hopes up lol cant wait for that movie to come out the only reason i wanna see it is for that GT Vert lol i love mustangs lol which im sure everyone on this website does lol well see ya at the theater
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
IMHO, I think the movie is worth seeing. Of course, my definiton of seeing a movie is when it comes to DVD, then I buy (or maybe rent it) and watch it on my big screen with surround sound, while sitting in my very comfy leather chair, without some big headed person sitting in my line of sight...of course I can talk as much a si want without being told to shhhh! The best part, on scenes like the Mustang scene, I can replay the scene as many times as I find it amusing. I tend to think the movie will rate about the same as "The Lost Boys," "The Craft," "Van Helsing," "Constatine," and "The Brothers Grimm." But then again, I tend to like those kinds of flicks. I must admit, I would love that option of my Mustang reassembling itself after an accident...where do I get the hardware for that option?
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
IMHO, I think the movie is worth seeing. Of course, my definiton of seeing a movie is when it comes to DVD, then I buy (or maybe rent it) and watch it on my big screen with surround sound, while sitting in my very comfy leather chair, without some big headed person sitting in my line of sight...of course I can talk as much a si want without being told to shhhh! The best part, on scenes like the Mustang scene, I can replay the scene as many times as I find it amusing. I tend to think the movie will rate about the same as "The Lost Boys," "The Craft," "Van Helsing," "Constatine," and "The Brothers Grimm." But then again, I tend to like those kinds of flicks. I must admit, I would love that option of my Mustang reassembling itself after an accident...where do I get the hardware for that option?
lol man if you find that hardware let me know lol you do make a good point with the comfy leather chair and home theater it is nice to talk a lil during movies lol
GT Member
S197 Member

The movie did so bad, that it's coming to dvd in less than a month. Wait for the dvd release and rent it, its not worth even the matenee price.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page