Pinks filming in Seattle this Saturday - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
Hey 5twenty,

I will be there with my wife and son! Where are the best places to sit? I noticed it's general admission, so how early do you think I should be there?
I'll be racing in Bremerton Saturday afternoon and heading to Pacific Raceways after the race. I imagine it will not be a problem finding a place to sit. Not only have I not heard about this event from any media outlet, meaning nobody else has either, but the place seats 60,000 so I think you can show up just before taping.

COME RACE WITH US!! Bring that stable of yours and you can be in the picture we take in front of the six-foot chanpionship trophy we will be taking home Saturday.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Thanks for clearing that up---
I'll check it out. On TV since I'm in NY

V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm going to try to make both as well. The race in Bremerton and Pinks at Pacific. That is... unless my wife talks me into going to the Puyallup Fair saturday after the race.

We can buy tickets in person on Saturday, right? I'd hate to pay that ticket master surcharge.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatho
I'm going to try to make both as well. The race in Bremerton and Pinks at Pacific. That is... unless my wife talks me into going to the Puyallup Fair saturday after the race.

We can buy tickets in person on Saturday, right? I'd hate to pay that ticket master surcharge.
Don't know but I'd bet you can. See you there!!

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
Last time I watched Pinks!, the drivers kept arguing and wouldn't give up their cars and they both decided to walk. Morons...
I could not agree more. This show is all drama crap with a mediator that keeps saying "wouldnt you agree" a dozen times and after contestants bitching and looking like gang members, he allows a 1 or 2 car long handicap and always an advertisement just before they run. Do the show right and just run best of three, winner take all and NO if, ands, or buts.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well... last night was the taping.. pretty cool actually. WAY better in person I think. The cars running last night weren't the "$4,000 Sh1t buckets" as Rich put it. Good times.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yeah I went too. I thought it was a good time! There was a lot of waiting around though for the actual races to start, as the drivers and the host were "negotiating" between races. I think they try to make the races closer, so it depended more on the driver's skill than simply the car's power. They did two episodes. The first was pretty close most of the time, but the second episode was a joke. This older Corvette(I think early 70's style) was just killing the other guy, in his 1964 2 door Chevelle. The Chevelle looked cool and totally suped-up, but he just could not get any traction at the start! He complained that his side was too slick, so they traded sides and the Corvette still smoked him by a mile(well, almost a quarter mile!)! The winner said he was going to put the Chevelle on e-bay for 32 grand, but I don't see it yet.

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
V6 Member
S197 Member

The Chevelle almost lost it completely in that last race... It looked like he did a pretty good job of keeping it off the wall.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
Yeah I went too. I thought it was a good time! There was a lot of waiting around though for the actual races to start, as the drivers and the host were "negotiating" between races. I think they try to make the races closer, so it depended more on the driver's skill than simply the car's power. They did two episodes. The first was pretty close most of the time, but the second episode was a joke. This older Corvette(I think early 70's style) was just killing the other guy, in his 1964 2 door Chevelle. The Chevelle looked cool and totally suped-up, but he just could not get any traction at the start! He complained that his side was too slick, so they traded sides and the Corvette still smoked him by a mile(well, almost a quarter mile!)! The winner said he was going to put the Chevelle on e-bay for 32 grand, but I don't see it yet.
Winners often put the car they won on eBay, however they usually don't do it until the episode airs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page