False sense of Pride - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

False sense of Pride

After racing a corvette down the highway and getting beat. I have this feeling I gave the corvette driver a false sense of pride. I feel that he did not realize that my car was only a v6. Granted when I pulled up next to him and teased him, I knew he would come out on top. My car also has the pony package so it can resemble a GT if not looked at carefully in the dark. Although plain as day is the single exhaust. Have any other v6 drivers came across this? or fellow GT drivers in the past? Thanks.

PS. I am not a street racer I just wanted to see what would happen against a vette.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

No doubt Vettes are quick.I've been challenged in my GT several times by Vette drivers.And everytime my wife is in the car and I won't compromise her safety.I did however give a late model CamaroSS an honest run and had him by a couple of car lengths.He backed off and asked lots of questions about the newer Mustangs,I hope he converts.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Don't over analyze it. Just have fun. Sure the Vette guy will tell his friends and they'll all high five at your expense but don't worry about it. Then with a smile and a sigh he'll fall asleep and dream about how he stomped you at half throttle but don't let it get to you. There will be a spring in his step for a week as he replays the event over and over in his mind as his co-workers get sick of the story because he doesn't realize that he's talking out loud from pure joy. But don't over analyze it.

I kid, but really just have fun. Who cares what he thinks.

GT with fanblades.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006

Yes.

Well, it certainly doesn't help that where my car is right now in terms of modification, it looks like a GT clone. But yes.

I never really race, there's really no point in a stock v6 racing a corvette Only time I've ever raced was against a camaro SS, just because, well, it was sort of obligatory. Gotta keep the feud going. I lost, of course, but *****- this car flew. Got to the light and he told me with a grin that he had several mods under the hood. When I laughed and told him I was running a 6, I think it kind of killed his steam.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedfireV6

PS. I am not a street racer I just wanted to see what would happen against a vette.

uh...yes you are a streetracer..just like a guy who uses drugs once is a drug user...a guy who has sex with another guy just once is gay...welcome to the midnight club...that said...most guys who drives vettes are car guys like most mustang guys...i'm sure he knew what he was racing.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
uh...yes you are a streetracer..just like a guy who uses drugs once is a drug user...a guy who has sex with another guy just once is gay...welcome to the midnight club...that said...most guys who drives vettes are car guys like most mustang guys...i'm sure he knew what he was racing.
LMAO!!

Nightrunner, you are one of the main reasons I visit this site...an American Original...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POCO
No doubt Vettes are quick.I've been challenged in my GT several times by Vette drivers.And everytime my wife is in the car and I won't compromise her safety.I did however give a late model CamaroSS an honest run and had him by a couple of car lengths.He backed off and asked lots of questions about the newer Mustangs,I hope he converts.
lol i really dont like Camaros personaly because i whooped a Z-28 in my big Ford Expidition lol it was kinda sad for the guy too because he hit a curb and bent one of his rims lol
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
V6 Member

I think the fact that you lost to the corvette was because the guy actually knew how to drive it i belive any car can beat any car if your driving skils surpass the driver of the other car its simple really you just need to know how to get some more "umph" out of the shifts. ie- in an automatic mustang if you time this right you can essentialy do a type of shift that is similar to a double clutch in standard cars to do this you simply take your foot off the gas for a nano second and then slam the pedal to the metal and if done correctly it will cause the rear wheels to peel out when shifting. on the other hand in a standard car you do almost the same thing except it involves a clutch and perfect timing what you do is shift gears than slam the gas pedal to the floor and pull off the clutch really fast thus making it seem as if you doubled up on the clutch thus called a double clutch and as in an automatic your rear tires should peel out giving you a lil jerk into a lot of torque knowing those can change the out come of any race instead of not doing it i recomend practicing against some slower cars like Honda Civics or Celicas that serve no real threat and it will help your shifting skills by far thats how i beat a C-6 and C-5 Corvette same day different times like a few minutes after the C-6 guy didnt know how to shift properly and ended up stalling the C-5 driver was a little better but not good enuff those were the first 2 cars i ever raced in my 2004 Mustang and the funny thing was i wasnt really trying lol i was messing with them because i knew they wouldnt stand a chance if i was trying i would have some how beat them off the line and whooped them but i wanted to make them have a sence of joy for like 3 seconds lol well the C-5 at least the C-6 deserved a better driver lol see it really isnt a matter of horsepower in a car (well that does matter some) but its not everything if you have high torque and balanced Horsepower you can stand up against almost anything well i hope this will help you in the future of Corvettes and other cars in general
-04Black40th
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorv22
Yes.

Well, it certainly doesn't help that where my car is right now in terms of modification, it looks like a GT clone. But yes.

I never really race, there's really no point in a stock v6 racing a corvette Only time I've ever raced was against a camaro SS, just because, well, it was sort of obligatory. Gotta keep the feud going. I lost, of course, but *****- this car flew. Got to the light and he told me with a grin that he had several mods under the hood. When I laughed and told him I was running a 6, I think it kind of killed his steam.
lol very nice good job on that one
S197 Member

I ran out of breath reading that!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Black40th
... on the other hand in a standard car you do almost the same thing except it involves a clutch and perfect timing what you do is shift gears than slam the gas pedal to the floor and pull off the clutch really fast thus making it seem as if you doubled up on the clutch thus called a double clutch...
That's not even close to being a double clutch.

GT with fanblades.
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku
That's not even close to being a double clutch.
that may be true all i know is thats what a friend told me that i was doing lol i didnt know what double clutching is so i really had no choice but to take his word for it lol thanks for informing me about that sorry if i seemed like i knew what i was talking about lol i can see i still have a lot to learn (even tho i knew that lol) but thanks for correcting me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page