Add mine to the wrecked list - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Add mine to the wrecked list

Here's what an antelope does to your car at 82. Don't know if they can fix or not. He went under the front end and out the back.

Add mine to the wrecked list-car6.jpg
Add mine to the wrecked list-car4.jpg
Add mine to the wrecked list-car10.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

DUDE THAT ANTELOPE TOTALLY F***ED UP YOUR CAR. Did you atleast get pics of the antelope? How big was it? Well now you have in excuse to get an aftermarket hood, front bumper and maybe even some new rims and tires. Actually you can probably even get new springs and lower your car while your at it. Sorry just trying to let you see the brightside.

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

How about having some BBQ antelope?

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

He wasn't big at all. Probably a two year old and was about 130 pounds I would guess. Felt pretty frickin solid when I hit too. Damn the back end sure swung back and forth til I got her shut down. Really don't want aftermarket parts. Just want my car back how it was at lunchtime.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yikes!

Even though it messed it up pretty bad, I still hope the pony beat the antelope in that fight.

Best of luck getting it fixed. Hope to see "good as new" pics soon!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtmule
Here's what an antelope does to your car at 82. Don't know if they can fix or not. He went under the front end and out the back.

Attachment 19709
Attachment 19710
Attachment 19711
OUCH!!!!!! Sorry. You should be able to get her fixed like new. At 82 that doesn't look too bad. I'm from Pennsylvania and we have a lot of white tail deer and up state some elk. If you hit a white tail at 82 you are going to get allot more damage then that, a big buck can get up to close to 250 lbs. And an elk, forget about it, you probably won't walk away from that. Big animals. Is an antelope the same as a white tail deer only from Montana? In the Home on the Range song I always wondered what they meant by "were the deer and the antelope play". I've traveled all over this country and I never saw an antelope. I guess I sound kind of dumb. If I'm ignored I understand.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

An antelope in eastern montana! I find that hard to believe. Just kidding! I have thinned the antelope population out there by a few myself. Once in a '69 Buick Skylark doing 95. That sucks in happened in the Stang. Maybe a grill guard will be in order.

'06 Vista Blue GT, Manual, Shaker 500, IUP, 18" Boyd Smoothie II Rims, Toyo T1-R's, Saleen Short Throw Shifter Adapter, Demolet Carbon Fiber Air Intake, Bamachips Tune, Sequential Tails, Electric Exhaust Cutouts...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006

Dude! Ouch for sure. That is a shame...buuuuuuuuuuuttttt.....on the lighter side of things, your license plate does say "Saddle up!" That is one smart Antelope!

I hit a rabbit once doing about 80.....ish (Hey, it was a really big bunny!) and that sucka left chunks (No relation) all over the front, wheel well and side of my Satin Silver, but luckily that is all I had to deal with.

Ok seriously, I hope you can get your baby back on the road soon all fixed up! Good luck.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006

Hello, dumb guy again. Looked it up, "Pronghorn Antelope". Only antelope in North America. Been around unchanged for over a million years. Can bound 40 to 50 feet at a time. No wonder you wacket it Whtmule. Amazing what you can learn on the AFM forum.
nghtrnnr

wow...i remember when i hit a cat?raccoon at 50 or so and the sinking feeling in my gut when i heard that thud on my bumber cause i knew it was gonna leave a mark...i can imagine what it must have been llike in those seconds prior to hitting that thing...and then getting out of your car and seeing the damage....you said it went all the way under and out the back...hows the back end? and the drivetrain?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Yeah, I still have the crack on my front bumper from hitting a beaver doing 70..... That really bites, sorry you gotta go through it. At least it wasn't a Moose or something. We have that problem up here and the driver never wins.

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I feel for you, man! I hit a deer last year just before Christmas with my F-150. Luckily, I just clipped him. The nerf bars helped deflect the deer away from the truck and doing more damage. Of course, I had the Mother-in-Law, wife and kids in the truck at the time. My 5-year old started to cry because Daddy just wacked Rudolf, so Christmas wasn't coming. I got mine, though. A semi came through just after me. Can anyone say BURGERMEAT?
Yours looks fixable, though. I know it looks bad, but it's amazing what body shops can do. Chin up.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Sorry to hear about your car. At least nobody was hurt (except the antelope).

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Member

Been there, done that, it sucks
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiandra
OUCH!!!!!! Sorry. You should be able to get her fixed like new. At 82 that doesn't look too bad. I'm from Pennsylvania and we have a lot of white tail deer and up state some elk. If you hit a white tail at 82 you are going to get allot more damage then that, a big buck can get up to close to 250 lbs. And an elk, forget about it, you probably won't walk away from that. Big animals. Is an antelope the same as a white tail deer only from Montana? In the Home on the Range song I always wondered what they meant by "were the deer and the antelope play". I've traveled all over this country and I never saw an antelope. I guess I sound kind of dumb. If I'm ignored I understand.
Antelope are part of the goat family. They are different than deer. I would guess he weighed about 150 pounds or so from how he felt when we pulled him off the road.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page