Then and now... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Then and now...

So back when I first bought my 06 GT, I did a mock up of what I wanted it to look like. I did the rear spoiler, louver, red calipers, emblems, etc. in the mock up, and this is what it looked like:

http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/image/59765749.jpg

Well, here it is 5 or so months later, and this is a current picture of my car:

http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/image/67180560.jpg

I think I got pretty close. What do you think?

-danny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
looking good. It is always a good idea to have a predetermined plan. It really makes the car come out looking good, plus it is usually better for the budget as well.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I agree with mrvandermey. Having a plan definitely helps. I did something similar and have ended up saving money (yeah, right) because I didn't buy stuff that didn't fit in the plan. The car has a more cohesive look because of it.
I like how yours came out, though. It looks very tasteful. Do you have any future plans for the car? Underhood, perhaps?

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What do I think? I think it looks awesome. Well done sir!

93 GT hatchback, 5 speed, 3.08 gear, mechanical clutch. Mods: K&N filter, air silencer removed

07 GT premium coupe, stick, IUP, comfort group, 3.55 gear, spoiler delete
Mods: Hurst Competition Plus short shifter, De Molet Tunable Induction CAI, SCT Xcal2
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
That's one sharp lookin ride, very nicely done.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
PONY Member

Absolutely beautiful!

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny
I agree with mrvandermey. Having a plan definitely helps. I did something similar and have ended up saving money (yeah, right) because I didn't buy stuff that didn't fit in the plan. The car has a more cohesive look because of it.
I like how yours came out, though. It looks very tasteful. Do you have any future plans for the car? Underhood, perhaps?
Exterior plans are almost done with the exception of the Shindoda from spoiler which should be in transit, and the next year the double vent heat extraction aluminum hood.

http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/image/66643065.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/image/66643067.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/image/66643068.jpg

Here are some shots of my underhood dress-up. At this point, other than some braided hoses, and possibly the new MidWestAuto fuel rail covers, I'm pretty much done under there. I'm not going for a lot of performance enhancements, probably a short throw shifter and some different suspension stiffening braces, but other than that the car is mostly done.

I have pre-ordered the SilverHorseRacing flush 1/4 window louvers that replace the glass and sit flush like the 66 louvers. Can't wait for those!

-danny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page