Amusing kill story - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Amusing kill story

Okay, the weather was nice and the Stang needed to stretch her legs, so I took her to work yesterday. After work I decided to head to the local hot rod gathering. While there, I had some laughs, I soem food, I got some compliments on my car, and had a generally good time.

On my way to the hot rod gathering, I pulled up to a light, and right next to me pulls up a 2004+ Chevy Silverado Crewcab 1500. He reves his engine, and I mildly look over. He is checking out my Stang and I note what visiable mods I can see on his ride (which turns out to be nice wheels/tires and dual exhaust). The light turns green and the Chevy is off. I chuckled and hit the gas myself. As I raced by the Chevy beast, I noticed the driver concentrating hard. So I think, maybe he is not racing, maybe he is just in a hurry. Then the next light comes up. The Chevy driver looks square at me, revs his engine then looks to the light. Okay, he wants to man-up. I tell my passenger to hold on, for over my dead body will a Chevy win this night. The light turns green, and I do not hesitate...I press the pedal to the metal, go through my gears and I am gone. A few momonets latter, the beastie Chevy comes roaring up next to me, he rolls down his window and yells to me "Damn...not even close. Although I have a 6.0L VORTEC, I really thought I could hang with you. Man, you served me my pride on silver platter." Then he starts chuckling. I casually mention that I just could not let a Chevy best me on this nite. We both chuckled some more, he then gave me the thumbs up as I kicked into gear one final time so he can get one last good look at my rear license plate.

It is friendly little spouts of competition like that, that keeps me amused. The Chevy driver did not make any excuses or declare that I cheated or such. He felt confident in his steed, man-upped against mine, and gracefully accepted the defeat. Now in all fairness, I still do not know if the Chevy had any mods, from what I can tell, it appeared to be a stock truck with nice wheels/tires and dual exhaust. Plus, it is a 5500 lb. truck (hp rating unknown to me), while the thundereing hooves my little pony is not stock (well modified) and weighing in nearly 1 ton less than the truck, the competition was likely over before it began. But the spout did boost my ego, made me smile and made for a great nite. :hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

What mods do you have? I looked, but I didnt see anything on your profile.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up

NIce job!!!

It sounds as though he was a good guy, not the general chevromunkee.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
What mods do you have? I looked, but I didnt see anything on your profile.
My mods are pretty simple,but they are as follows: SCT XCal2 Tuner (91 Octane tune), K&N CAI, MAC Ceramic coated headers, Flowmaster X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 40 Series exhaust (axle back), Steeda UDP, Billet 62mm Throtle body (had a spacer too, but removed it), FRPP 4.10 gears, Saleen short-throw shifter adapter, 20" wheels, Saleen full suspension (springs, struts/shocks, sway bar), adjustabel panhard bar, Baer 14" cross-drilled ventilated brakes on all four corners (Baer calipers for front and stock calipers for rear), Strange Development polished strut tower brace, Legends rear ducktail spoiler, CDC Agressive chin spoiler, CDC crimson light bar, and a handful of eye catching dress ups for the engine and interior (Midwest custom plenum cover, stainless steel radiator cover, billet aluminum caps, and billet aluminum interior trim). As mentioned I use premium fuel (91 Octane) and even use Royal Purple synthetic oil to help free up a few ponies. Plus I turn off the TCS system on the car and do not even use the AC. I have not yet had it dynoed, but she is running approximately 370 hp at the crank. I hope to add a supercharger in the near future, but that will wait for now.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
NIce job!!!

Overall, I would say he was a good sport. He was not rude, disrespectful or even making excuses. I guess he wanted to use my car as a benchmark to see how fast his truck is. He found out. It was all in good fun. In the end, we both smiled and I even got a thumbs up from him. No feelings were hurt, no children were scared, no pedestrians were endangered and no Mustang was beaten by a Chevy!!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
Banned
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FunkyBoss
Nice kill, he asked for it. I doubt your at 370 hp to the crank with your mods, but keep em' coming.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBoss
Nice kill, he asked for it. I doubt your at 370 hp to the crank with your mods, but keep em' coming.
I grant, I have not yet dynoed my car with the mods, my approximation of horsepower is based on assuming the parts installed are actually giving me the horsepower that the manufacturer of each mod is claiming adds to my car. In any case, she is rather quick, and since she is significantly lighter than say a Chevy Crewcab truck, so she can hold her own.

But you are right, he did ask for it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
S197 Member

I looked in your gallery......NICE!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Good kill. Good guy to fess up to his loss. You got to have respect for a guy like that.....

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
NIce job!!!

Nice kill...... funny though/// I was in a very similiar story..... same out come, but with an original Chevymunkeee...A hole, sour loooserrr.... .........hahahh.....

91, 5.0 5spd, AFR 165 heads, e303 cam, Edelbrock upper and lower Intakes, bbk egual Headers, bbk 70mm tB, 70mm spacer, 75mm pro mass/24#inj- 1.7 trick flow RRs, BBK Ford R Crome valve covers, Hurst short throw shifter, Edelbrock true roller chain, BBk off road H-piipe, Flowie cat backs, Frame Connectors, Granitily Rear ajustable lower arms, 3.73 gears, Black magic Electric Fan, Under pullies, Ford Racing alum Rad, Msd ignition, 18" cobras, 12"JL audio subs, Rockford Fosg AMP,
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
I grant, I have not yet dynoed my car with the mods, my approximation of horsepower is based on assuming the parts installed are actually giving me the horsepower that the manufacturer of each mod is claiming adds to my car. In any case, she is rather quick, and since she is significantly lighter than say a Chevy Crewcab truck, so she can hold her own.

But you are right, he did ask for it.
Nicely done! Agree it's probably a shade lower than 370. I'm running at ~380 bhp with the major differences being the cams and an electric water pump. But your car still looks faster than mine

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member
S197 Member

I had to show up an older model Eclipse GT today. Dumb woman (yes, woman) was giving me crap. There was an exit that I could take to slingshot around 20-30 cars and she cut me off to get in before me, then floored it to stay ahead of me. I kept up, holding @ 70 mph in 5th and when the opportunity opened up, I downshifted into 4th and took it to 100 as she tried to keep up. Needless to say, she was a dot in my rear view mirror as I got back on the freeway.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Funny kills are are usually brought by the guy wanting to run.This one guy pulls up and wants to run this killer Chevelle and I had my 67 Rambler Rebel w/290 and 3 on the tree.There was no I could whup this ride with my car,I could hear a heavy cam.I tell him he would kick my butt he insisted.The light turns green and he stalls out.It was a funny kill and he did laugh about it later.Poco

The Rebel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0109.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	19783  

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
V6 Member
S197 Member

Great kill and you got to love the fact he was a good sport and a gentlenman to boot. Nice job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page