Black Or White Louvers?... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreepy X
They do look really good. That is a great price too! I just might have to get them aswell. To bad you can't order them off the site pre-painted. Thanks for the link tho. I might get them...
Nice looking ride... Reminds me of mine in the 'old' days. Need some stripes though--almost seems naked.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Nice looking ride... Reminds me of mine in the 'old' days. Need some stripes though--almost seems naked.
I agree lol. I've only had it for a couple weeks. I plan on putting blue stripes on it. The same style my other Mustang had which you can see in my gallery, i'm sure you've seen it, you posted in the old thread I had with the pictures. I'm also adding a hood scoop and louvers of course. Hopefully it will turn out nice.

Stock: I Bought A 2006 Ford Mustang GT/Automatic V8 Coupe Premium/Performance White (HP)/Black Interior With Leather Seats And Silver Trim, Shaker 500 6 Disc MP3 Player...

Mods: Stock For Now...
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
I agree lol. I've only had it for a couple weeks. I plan on putting blue stripes on it. The same style my other Mustang had which you can see in my gallery, i'm sure you've seen it, you posted in the old thread I had with the pictures. I'm also adding a hood scoop and louvers of course. Hopefully it will turn out nice.
Blue is nice. Would have gone blue if I didn't have the red interior. I'm sure it will look great when it's done!

1965 Mustang Coupe

SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

White!!! That's what I will be putting on!
I've played with other colors and they just
look out of place! The white conforms to
the body so much nicer! Hey great choice in
color! Congratulations!

Can life get any better????
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I haven't seen a white Mustang with the black louvers. I can't find any pictures so I have no idea what it's gonna look like. Everything I do to the car will be black (Hood Scoop, Stripes, Rear Louvers, Rear Black Out Panel) So it makes it harder to decide which color side louvers to get. It's driving me nutts lol.
Try photoshop...you'll see for the most part how the different
colors look. Good luck!:eyepoppin

Can life get any better????

As for your original question...may I suggest white and not black
Apprentice

I think white would look the best.

'06 GT Satin Silver, 10" graphite painted racing stripes, premium red interior, C&L CAI, Bamachips SCT XCal2, Eibach pro-kit springs, Maximum MotorSports caster camber plates, Nitto 555's, SSE GenII louvers, Tri-bar Pony badges, CDC sequential signals, CDC detail corral.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will infact go with the white Louvers. Again, thanks for all the help!

Stock: I Bought A 2006 Ford Mustang GT/Automatic V8 Coupe Premium/Performance White (HP)/Black Interior With Leather Seats And Silver Trim, Shaker 500 6 Disc MP3 Player...

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will infact go with the white Louvers. Again, thanks for all the help!

Kreepy X. Here are the Afterthoughts Auto 1/4 louvres installed on a white GT. I think they look more retro than all the others. They painted up well and the clear coat makes them look like an OEM part. Everyone has their own idea of how their Mustang should look. I went with the 65 GT350 look with stripes, hood pins. side stripes etc. The most important thing we all want is to look at our baby and say thats how I want it to look. The car draws enough looks anyway but its what you see that is important. Good luck and I hope this pic helps you decide which way to go. White is the best option for white cars unless the spoiler is the same off color as the 1/4 windows but that gets a bit ricey.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0277.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	574.2 KB
ID:	19834  
Apprentice

Quote:
Now the hard part. What louvers to get.

'06 GT Satin Silver, 10" graphite painted racing stripes, premium red interior, C&L CAI, Bamachips SCT XCal2, Eibach pro-kit springs, Maximum MotorSports caster camber plates, Nitto 555's, SSE GenII louvers, Tri-bar Pony badges, CDC sequential signals, CDC detail corral.
S197 Member

Quote:
So are you going to go with the Street Scene or Stage 3? I am really hoping that mine are ready (painted) today, I'm getting pissed off at this bodyshop I'm dealing with, they were supposed to be done yesterday and they weren't, now they are supposed to be done today and the guy isn't there .
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltwtr
Kreepy X. Here are the Afterthoughts Auto 1/4 louvres installed on a white GT. I think they look more retro than all the others. They painted up well and the clear coat makes them look like an OEM part. Everyone has their own idea of how their Mustang should look. I went with the 65 GT350 look with stripes, hood pins. side stripes etc. The most important thing we all want is to look at our baby and say thats how I want it to look. The car draws enough looks anyway but its what you see that is important. Good luck and I hope this pic helps you decide which way to go. White is the best option for white cars unless the spoiler is the same off color as the 1/4 windows but that gets a bit ricey.
Wow, thanks! That looks really good. I pretty much got my mind set on the white ones now. I really like the way they look on yours. Thanks for the pic!

vantage - I'm gonna get the same ones you got. You just can't beat that price. Thanks for giving me the link. Post pictures when you get yours painted and installed. I can't wait to see them.

S197 Member

Quote:
Wow, thanks! That looks really good. I pretty much got my mind set on the white ones now. I really like the way they look on yours. Thanks for the pic!

vantage - I'm gonna get the same ones you got. You just can't beat that price. Thanks for giving me the link. Post pictures when you get yours painted and installed. I can't wait to see them.
I will do that...

I went to pick them up today from the paint shop and to get them installed and as usual something went wrong. They were painted and looked great but then upon closer inspection I noticed inconsistencies and all these little indentations in the paint. I wasn't satisfied to say the least. Apparently they needed to be buffed and the guy that does that wasn't there. So tomorrow is the day.. *sigh*
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage
I will do that...

I went to pick them up today from the paint shop and to get them installed and as usual something went wrong. They were painted and looked great but then upon closer inspection I noticed inconsistencies and all these little indentations in the paint. I wasn't satisfied to say the least. Apparently they needed to be buffed and the guy that does that wasn't there. So tomorrow is the day.. *sigh*
Well sometimes it takes time to get the best for your Mustang:smilieI'm sure all the time will be worth it when you get them installed. Don't worry about it, plus it gives you something to look forward to.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Kreepy X, I've thought about getting those same louvers for the quarter window ( I like the fact that they cover the gap between the window and the window frame)...I was just wondering...does the 3M tape make contact with the body of the car or just the window?...that would be a concern in the event you wanted to remove the louver in the future (i.e. might ruin the body paint around the window frame).

Thanks.

2006 Mustang GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite Leather, Auto, Shaker 500, IUP

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page