Black Or White Louvers?... - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark25
Kreepy X, I've thought about getting those same louvers for the quarter window ( I like the fact that they cover the gap between the window and the window frame)...I was just wondering...does the 3M tape make contact with the body of the car or just the window?...that would be a concern in the event you wanted to remove the louver in the future (i.e. might ruin the body paint around the window frame).

Thanks.
The 3M tape only makes contact with the window, it doesn't touch the body.

Kreepy X... I got my Stage 3 louvers installed and they look amazing, I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in getting louvers. I know I said I would make a thread with pics once I got them installed but it has been raining here literally every single day for the past 1 1/2 - 2wks..no joke. I'd like to take pics when the car is all cleaned up and right now it's a mess. Lol... actually as I am writing this I can hear it starting to rain once again. If it ever stops I'll wash the car and take some pics so you can see them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage
The 3M tape only makes contact with the window, it doesn't touch the body.

Kreepy X... I got my Stage 3 louvers installed and they look amazing, I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in getting louvers. I know I said I would make a thread with pics once I got them installed but it has been raining here literally every single day for the past 1 1/2 - 2wks..no joke. I'd like to take pics when the car is all cleaned up and right now it's a mess. Lol... actually as I am writing this I can hear it starting to rain once again. If it ever stops I'll wash the car and take some pics so you can see them.
Sounds great! I really can't wait to see them. I still haven't bought mine yet because i want to wait and see yours first. No hurry tho, take your time

And Mark25, Vantage is correct. They only stick to the window glass. Thanks again guys!

Stock: I Bought A 2006 Ford Mustang GT/Automatic V8 Coupe Premium/Performance White (HP)/Black Interior With Leather Seats And Silver Trim, Shaker 500 6 Disc MP3 Player...

Mods: Stock For Now...
PONY Member
S197 Member

vantage, thanks for the info...I think I screwed up. The louvers I'm interested are the ones that sltwtr (from Mystic,CT) has...called Afterthoughts Auto 1/4 Window Louvers. Those louvers definitely cover the gap between the window and the window frame...but they look like they must have tape touching the body...

2006 Mustang GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite Leather, Auto, Shaker 500, IUP

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot

Quote:
vantage, thanks for the info...I think I screwed up. The louvers I'm interested are the ones that sltwtr (from Mystic,CT) has...called Afterthoughts Auto 1/4 Window Louvers. Those louvers definitely cover the gap between the window and the window frame...but they look like they must have tape touching the body...
Mark25, The Afterthoughts Auto 1/4 window louvers attach with the 3M tape on the window only. They need a day at a decent temp to stay put and an occasional pressing over the next couple of days. I have had the white one (blue stripes) with those louvers on at 135mph and they are still there. Just be real precise where you want them before you stick them on, once they are on you will need a fishing line to slide them off (gets between the tape and glass without scratching anything - sawing motion) Good Luck. I love the way they look and have had uncountable compliments on the car. Look forward to some pics of other 1/4 window installs. Rick
PONY Member
S197 Member

Rick, thanks for the info...I do think your louvers really look great!
BTW, I'm originally from Middletown. Went to Xavier and then to Trinity C. in Hartford. My wife and I love taking trips back to CT. We especially love Foxwoods, seeing the Fall sites, etc. And, of course, a quick little trip to Mystic is always in order (Mystic Pizza, Abotts, etc.).

I will definitely see if I can talk the Mrs. into purchasing those louvers. She, of course, prefers the "stock" look. It will take a little bit of convincing...your pic (and any other pics you post) will help.

Mark

2006 Mustang GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite Leather, Auto, Shaker 500, IUP

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot

Quote:
Rick, thanks for the info...I do think your louvers really look great!
BTW, I'm originally from Middletown. Went to Xavier and then to Trinity C. in Hartford. My wife and I love taking trips back to CT. We especially love Foxwoods, seeing the Fall sites, etc. And, of course, a quick little trip to Mystic is always in order (Mystic Pizza, Abotts, etc.).

I will definitely see if I can talk the Mrs. into purchasing those louvers. She, of course, prefers the "stock" look. It will take a little bit of convincing...your pic (and any other pics you post) will help.

Mark
Mark25, So a local person escaped to Virginia Beach, good for you. I will have other pictures beginning of next week. Need to rely on good weather and a clean car not always in the same or right order. The one thing these louvers do is change the look of the car to a more 60's style. I also noticed she looks smaller once the 1/4 windows are covered and painted in the same color as the main color. Don't know why it seems smaller it just does which makes it a better looking more exotic car. I am an old owner of a 1965 GT 350 (wish I still owned it) and it looks more like that than anything else. Glad to have someone familiar with Abbotts (closed for the season now) and Mystic Pizza on the forum.
The Bank just across from Mystic Pizza was robbed yesterday, you probably know it as well. Good luck and look for the new pics on Monday. They should convince your wife it really makes the car look different, unique and just plain great !!!. Rick :eyepoppin
S197 Member

I hope to have pics up of my louvers on thursday, when it is SUPPOSED to stop raining.... no promises, forecast could be wrong.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Rick, I'll be sure to check out the pics!

I'm not that familiar with the bank across from Mystic Pizza...it's funny I lived 22 years of my life in CT and I went to Mystic maybe a couple of times...it's going to FOXWOODs that allowed me to visit it more often and more recently. During the summer, while I was growing up, my parents would rent cottages in Westbrook and Clinton. One thing about being here is that I can pretty much keep my cars detailed almost all year round...very little, if any, snow (my other "fun/weekend" car is an '01 Vette Coupe).

I retired from the Navy back in '97 and my wife retired from teaching a couple of years ago. Of course, I continue to work for the military (this time as a contractor...no uniform)...

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics.

BTW, have you ever been to Custy's (All you can eat lobster buffet)...I've never been, but I've seen the advertisements...any good?).

Mark

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot
S197 Member

Kreepy X....

I just came in from washing my car/taking pics so I'm going to make a thread now in the '2005+ Talk' section with pics so you can see the Stage 3 louvers. This is the first time I saw my car clean with them on and they look amazing.... Check out the thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page