Ford Mustang Forum banner

Black Or White Louvers?...

8K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  vantage 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok here is the deal. Some of you may remember my other V6 Mustang that I once posted pictures of (They are in my gallery) Well, a few weeks ago, I got ANOTHER Mustang, this time I got a brand new 2006 Mustang GT! The color of the car is white. Now I need help, I have been thinking for the last week about which color Louvers I should get for the white Mustang. Would it look better with white or black louvers? I will also be adding black stripes to her so I can't decide if I should have the Louvers the same color as the car or the stripes??? I will also be adding a hood scoop which will have to be black since it will sit right on the stripes. Please help me decide because I can't do it!!! HAHA! Thanks!...

*PS* The Louvers and Hood Scoop with be added before the stripes so i'm not sure how a white car will look with just black Louvers and Scoop.

[Edit; This is hardly tech...?? Moved to 05+ talk. kj]

#3 ·
stlwagon said:
I went with white louvers and a black scoop. And... congrats!!
Thanks for your imput! Do you have some pictures of your car? And do you think it will look right with black louvers? I will also be adding the rear window louvers too.

#4 ·
Kreepy X said:
Thanks for your imput! Do you have some pictures of your car? And do you think it will look right with black louvers? I will also be adding the rear window louvers too.
There are some pics in my gallery. Not sure about black quarter window louvers, but if you like it, that's all that matters. As for white... great choice!

#5 ·
stlwagon said:
There are some pics in my gallery. Not sure about black quarter window louvers, but if you like it, that's all that matters. As for white... great choice!
Thanks! And your car looks great! I haven't seen a white Mustang with the black louvers. I can't find any pictures so I have no idea what it's gonna look like. Everything I do to the car will be black (Hood Scoop, Stripes, Rear Louvers, Rear Black Out Panel) So it makes it harder to decide which color side louvers to get. It's driving me nutts lol.

#6 ·
Kreepy X said:
Thanks! And your car looks great! I haven't seen a white Mustang with the black louvers. I can't find any pictures so I have no idea what it's gonna look like. Everything I do to the car will be black (Hood Scoop, Stripes, Rear Louvers, Rear Black Out Panel) So it makes it harder to decide which color side louvers to get. It's driving me nutts lol.
I know what it's like. I've been going back and forth on several different custom paint schemes. Just can't seem to finalize a decision.

#7 ·
What type of louvers are you looking at? Might I suggest the ones from Stage 3 Motorsports. I just got a set and they look awesome, and I don't hear enough about these, I've only come across one other person on the site that has them.

#8 ·
vantage said:
What type of louvers are you looking at? Might I suggest the ones from Stage 3 Motorsports. I just got a set and they look awesome, and I don't hear enough about these, I've only come across one other person on the site that has them.
Well actually those are the same ones i'm getting lol. Here is the link...

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/950-70746

Are they the ones you are talking about?

#10 ·
stlwagon said:
Do those come off for cleaning or are you SOL once they're on?
I'm sure they come off but you will probably have to install new double sided tape. I could be wrong. Hopefully the fella that has them will see the question and answer it.

#11 ·
Kreepy X said:
I'm sure they come off but you will probably have to install new double sided tape. I could be wrong. Hopefully the fella that has them will see the question and answer it.
If true, that's the part I don't like. Especially with open louvers that are going to let everything in. Mine are solid and if the window gets dirty, I don't care because I don't see it. Some louvers (Roush I think) mount with brackets that permit removal for cleaning.

#12 ·
I say you go with white ones. If your were doing the rear window louver then I'd say black. I think black 1/4 window louvers on your car wouldn't look right.

#13 ·
I have the SS louvers in my car. They don't come off for cleaning unless you want to retape them, but honestly the windows don't need to be cleaned much. I've had them on over a year, the only cleaning they've gotten is a bit of runoff soap and water from when I wash the car, and my windows still look fine. They aren't spotless, but its nothing you can notice from inside the car. Not a big deal at all unless you're OCD.

The nice thing about the SS ones is that very little dirt gets in there anyway. I've only had to pull out the occasional leaf.

#14 ·
Kreepy X said:
Well actually those are the same ones i'm getting lol. Here is the link...

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/950-70746

Are they the ones you are talking about?
No, those are the Street Scene louvers I'm talking about the ones made by Stage 3 themselves..these ones....

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/VT3180

I was also looking at the Street Scene ones but I think they look too bubbly, so I ordered the ones from the above link. They are cheaper and I'm not sure how they compare to the others in terms of quality they are a little 'plasticky' but I know once they are on the car and painted they'll look amazing. Right now they are in the process of being painted and I'm installing them on monday. The reason I got them was because I think they just look better than all the others, not because of the price difference. Here's a pic of them held up against my car before they were painted. Once they are painted and installed I'll make a thread and you can see how they look installed but this will give you an idea for now.

BTW... they don't come off to clean the window once installed, unless you replace the 3M tape I guess.

Attachments

#15 ·
They do look really good. That is a great price too! I just might have to get them aswell. To bad you can't order them off the site pre-painted. Thanks for the link tho. I might get them...

#17 ·
stlwagon said:
Nice looking ride... Reminds me of mine in the 'old' days. Need some stripes though--almost seems naked.:bounce2:
I agree lol. I've only had it for a couple weeks. I plan on putting blue stripes on it. The same style my other Mustang had which you can see in my gallery, i'm sure you've seen it, you posted in the old thread I had with the pictures. I'm also adding a hood scoop and louvers of course. Hopefully it will turn out nice.

#18 ·
Kreepy X said:
I agree lol. I've only had it for a couple weeks. I plan on putting blue stripes on it. The same style my other Mustang had which you can see in my gallery, i'm sure you've seen it, you posted in the old thread I had with the pictures. I'm also adding a hood scoop and louvers of course. Hopefully it will turn out nice.
Blue is nice. Would have gone blue if I didn't have the red interior. I'm sure it will look great when it's done!

#19 ·
White!!! That's what I will be putting on!
I've played with other colors and they just
look out of place! The white conforms to
the body so much nicer! Hey great choice in
color! Congratulations!

#20 ·
Kreepy X said:
I haven't seen a white Mustang with the black louvers. I can't find any pictures so I have no idea what it's gonna look like. Everything I do to the car will be black (Hood Scoop, Stripes, Rear Louvers, Rear Black Out Panel) So it makes it harder to decide which color side louvers to get. It's driving me nutts lol.
Try photoshop...you'll see for the most part how the different
colors look. Good luck!:eyepoppin

#21 ·
As for your original question...may I suggest white and not black

#22 ·
I think white would look the best.

#23 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will infact go with the white Louvers. Again, thanks for all the help!

#24 ·
Kreepy X said:
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will infact go with the white Louvers. Again, thanks for all the help!

Kreepy X. Here are the Afterthoughts Auto 1/4 louvres installed on a white GT. I think they look more retro than all the others. They painted up well and the clear coat makes them look like an OEM part. Everyone has their own idea of how their Mustang should look. I went with the 65 GT350 look with stripes, hood pins. side stripes etc. The most important thing we all want is to look at our baby and say thats how I want it to look. The car draws enough looks anyway but its what you see that is important. Good luck and I hope this pic helps you decide which way to go. White is the best option for white cars unless the spoiler is the same off color as the 1/4 windows but that gets a bit ricey.

Attachments

#25 ·
Kreepy X said:
Now the hard part. What louvers to get.

#26 ·
Kreepy X said:
So are you going to go with the Street Scene or Stage 3? I am really hoping that mine are ready (painted) today, I'm getting pissed off at this bodyshop I'm dealing with, they were supposed to be done yesterday and they weren't, now they are supposed to be done today and the guy isn't there :mad:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.