borla non stingers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to btorlv
borla non stingers

Is anyone running the 50 state borls? Are they the same as the ford racing non stinger type? How do they sound?

06/gt/vert red on red gms intake 18polish rims flow axel backs mirror inserts shorty ant. gt mats pedal covers tower brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
Rookie

Borla Stingers

I put a set of the Ford Racing Stingers on. Not too loud and very little resonance around town and highway. Only time I get resonance is under 1100 rpm in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear. I also have an Airaid CAI on it and together have not had any complaints from neighbors. I leave for work at 6:00 am.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have the FRPP M-5230-GTAs (same as the Borla #11752), which are not the FRPP M-5230-5GTs (what I believe is often called the stinger and same as the Borla #11750).

With the rest of the system stock, the GTAs sounded just a little louder than stock at idle and a little louder than stock with the throttle open. The nice deep tone was still there. After I added the off road H-pipe the tone remained deep, the rumble became pronounced during engine brake, and the loudness increased significantly.

'06 GT, manual, Satin Silver, lt. grey cloth int., IUP.
MODIFICATIONS - Goodyear F1 GS-D3s; 245/45 on 18x9, 275/40 on 18x10| Progress Technology springs & sway bars| Steeda adj. panhard bar, panhard brace, front control arm brace & bushings| strut tower brace| Tokico D-Spec dampers| CHE adj. LCAs & BMR relocation brackets |drilled & slotted front rotors| C&L intake| BamaChips SCT tune| FRPP 4.10 ring & pinion| Pypes off road H-pipes| FRPP GTA mufflers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page