No love from a sixer - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-EATER
It was a built 3.8 I decided to go to a built 4.2 I will be able to handle 7000 rpms and make 600 to 650rwhp .
WOW!!! Very cool... we'll be rebuilding a 4.0L this winter... although I'm not sure we'll be shooting quite so high!!! LOL!

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-EATER
Thanks , I'm not looking for anyone to bow to my car ,we all have Mustangs that should be good enough .
Exactly!!!!! (useless filler)

John - The V6 Apologist

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Not again....

Ya'll are taking the original poster's comments too literally.

I picked up on the joke, I don't take it as he was trying to start ANOTHER v6 Vs V8 war.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012

V6 Member
S197 Member

So its a joke when I need to bow down to him when he is on the street thou....The V6 bashing gets old as does the just joking.....then there is the hey stop being so sensitive.....Just stop disrespecting other mustang owners reguardless of what they drive!
post #20 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingjts
Ok.. so you were just kidding... but to be perfectly honest... it just get's old after awhile... everyone thinks it ok to bash a V6 and then say "oh, I was only kidding"... it's like a bad joke you've heard a thousand times... you just get tired of hearing... So even if you were just joking we really get tired of hearing it and don't be surprised if people don't find it funny...
Sorry if my sarcastic humor doesn't come thru, I thought that the smilely at the end of my first post would give it away, I acutaly had fun playing with my Mustang brother on the way home and seeing hows we never got going much more than 80mph while doing it made it even more fun as we didn't have to worry about John Law busting us. Is this not the reason we bought these cars, to have fun?

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
Not again....

Ya'll are taking the original poster's comments too literally.

I picked up on the joke, I don't take it as he was trying to start ANOTHER v6 Vs V8 war.
i know.. it was a joke... bow down... we're not worthy... followed up by "V6 worms"... HA HA!!! I was just kidding... blah, blah, blah...

Sorry.. but we just get sick and tired of it.. it's not funny anymore...

John - The V6 Apologist

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Sorry if my sarcastic humor doesn't come thru, I thought that the smilely at the end of my first post would give it away, I acutaly had fun playing with my Mustang brother on the way home and seeing hows we never got going much more than 80mph while doing it made it even more fun as we didn't have to worry about John Law busting us. Is this not the reason we bought these cars, to have fun?
Sorry... but your bashing all V6's is not funny... no matter how many stupid smilely icon's you put after it...

You ran into a a-hole who happened to be driving a V6... so why bash the rest of us? Bashing is not funny... period...

You're right... its about having fun... not making jokes at other people on here's expense...

John - The V6 Apologist

V6 Member
S197 Member

No respect???? Hmmm... how about the drivers who don't respect... or rather care that they're driving a Mustang. I see PLENTY of S197 drivers... GT's and V6's that ingore you as you/they drive by and wave...

He did play cat and mouse with you... is that not the respect that you were looking for??? 2 cool cars driving the freeway?

I played cat and mouse with a Vette on the Freeway a couple of months ago... I gave him a thumbs up as blew my doors off prior to getting off the freeway. Respect.

I do understand your "joke"... but umm... no.
post #24 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingjts
i know.. it was a joke... bow down... we're not worthy... followed up by "V6 worms"... HA HA!!! I was just kidding... blah, blah, blah...

Sorry.. but we just get sick and tired of it.. it's not funny anymore...

..........and this from the self proclaimed V-6 apologist

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

V6 Member
S197 Member

@ pump doc it is old and the joke thing is old and the insults are old. WHy do you keep it up? It is blah blah blah.... this is the same old story. This makes you look like a jacka$$ and a kid bashing people and then back peddeling with IT WAS A JOKE AND ITS ALL COOL......Respect is earned!!! not given!
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmays06
Respect is earned!!! not given!
yup
post #27 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmays06
@ pump doc it is old and the joke thing is old and the insults are old. WHy do you keep it up? It is blah blah blah.... this is the same old story. This makes you look like a jacka$$ and a kid bashing people and then back peddeling with IT WAS A JOKE AND ITS ALL COOL......Respect is earned!!! not given!

Ah to be a kid again And I'm not back peddeling, people got their panties in a bunch by not reading my first post, and I've never bashed the V-6's before and I've still not. Don't lump me in with others that have.

V6 Member

Half of the s197 owners out there don't even know what kind of engine they have in their car, much less care about a fellow stang owner... I say about 20% out there are rentals, 30% are just people buying them because they got a good deal ( 1,000,000,000 mustangs out there...) . Some just buy a mustang for the name, they don't know/care about the GT vrs. v6 thing.
nghtrnnr

and then half of us have owned both...i was a v6 guy back in the old days..i remember pushin my engine till it couldnt go any further so when and if i may talk about em...i know about em...now i'm a gt guy...same ol nghtrnnr...still racin the same guys..just a lil faster...but really.....anyone coulda seen pump was kiddin...kinda makes me wonder..."how do you v6 guys take the heat"

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=58469

oh yeh..been there...done that
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Ah to be a kid again And I'm not back peddeling, people got their panties in a bunch by not reading my first post, and I've never bashed the V-6's before and I've still not. Don't lump me in with others that have.
From your first post:

"I'm here to tell you sixers that not showing proper respect to your GT brothers is flat out not acceptable, remember to bow at the alter of V-8 power at all times!!!"

absolutley a pot-shot at ALL "sixers"...

John - The V6 Apologist

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page