No love from a sixer - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
chuckle..see i thought he was serious...and he doesnt plan to stop at the mustang sixers on his path to world domination...next he'll be demanding the ricers pay tribute..and those pesky chargers..hell i wouldnt be surprised if the pumpdoc starts demanding some sort of bounty from the minivan community..lol..hmm...i'm surprised the coyote hasnt weighed in yet
Nah, GT-Eater is another old-school sixer -he's got y'all covered.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I was not going to chime in on this issue, but oh wel so much for control. Anyways, I must state for the record, I do not see anything wrong with a V6 Mustang. to each is their own when it comes to the reason we each bought our Stangs. Some of us are cost conscious (gas, insurances, base prace, monthly payment, all above) and soem of us are horsepower conscious (hence why we mod). However, based ont he title of this thread.."No love from a sixer" implies to me that all V6 Mustang owners/drivers have no respect for GTs, but that would be far from the truth. In mnay incidences, it appears that GTs do not respect V6ers. IMHO, a Mustang is a cool ride regardless of whether it is a V6, GT, coupe, convertible, stock or heavily modified. Without a doubt, there are quie a few V6 Stangs that would put most of our V8 Stangs to shame.

Where I see the "no love from a sixer" is that I find when on the road, I rarely get acknowledgement from ANY Mustang, but more often it is the V6 Stangs that do not acknowledge me. My guess is (as stated in other threads) that many V6 stangs are rentals or owned by people who are not enthusiasists. To them, the Mustang (V6 or GT) is just a car, albeit, a nice car, but still just a car. But to be fair, I have run into many GTs (usually stock) that will not acknolwedge me anymore than the V6ers. So, it appears that the problem is not just with V6ers, but among the GTs as well.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zregime
Or here's another analogy...

The GT is like that uberhot girl in high school you pretty much knew you didn't stand a chance with. Selective, aloof, fast, and dangerous, and ALL of the guys wanted her. Wanted her BAD...

The V6 is the friendly girl you COULD have gone out with, if you hadn't been so obsessed with the uberhottie. A bit plainer, yes, but removed from your blinding GT desire, the V6 had a body that was really about as great as the GT's. She'd be wonderful to come home to at night, a great wife, steady and supportive...

But really, the fact of the matter is that BOTH versions of the S197 are just strikingly beautiful automobiles, finer than anything else on the road right now. You guys know the stares you get, driving around town or out on the road. Pedestrians and oncoming vehicles take their eyes off whatever they're doing to gaze in awe at our pretty babies. :eyepoppin THAT's the bottom line for me. These latest Stangers are about the sexiest rides ever made!
Z, how do you come up with this stuff? My mind doesn't work nearly as fast.

1965 Mustang Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Z, how do you come up with this stuff? My mind doesn't work nearly as fast.

But strick me down if he ain't right!!!! That is great stuff!!!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Luci---the uberhottie that get's the quarterback
Dixi---gets the waterboy---for the other team
:hihi: Yeah, Doc...!

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ford should have only made one engine version for the Mustang, a V8, then there wouldn't be any of this rivalry between V8s and V6s...you don't see Chevy putting out a V6 Corvette...they put out a 500HP Z06...and the standard 400HP Vette is no slouch either...

2006 Mustang GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite Leather, Auto, Shaker 500, IUP

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark25
Ford should have only made one engine version for the Mustang, a V8, then there wouldn't be any of this rivalry between V8s and V6s...you don't see Chevy putting out a V6 Corvette...they put out a 500HP Z06...and the standard 400HP Vette is no slouch either...
Correct me if I'm wrong but... if there had only been a V8 option then the Mustang would have died a long time ago... I'm sure someone more informed than me will comment on that...

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Just a little off topic but a friend of mine, Matt just dynoed
609 RWHP and 640 RWTQ on a 95 block built 4.2 liter pushing 30 PSI , this was as of last night .
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingjts
Correct me if I'm wrong but... if there had only been a V8 option then the Mustang would have died a long time ago... I'm sure someone more informed than me will comment on that...
And lets not forget our unloved child from the drugged out '70's - the four-banger Mustang II and subsequent 4cyl versions of the Fox. They carried the banner through the turbulent "gas mileage" wars to continue the lineage. Without them - there would be no Terminator Cobras or GT500s.
PONY Member

Well hell... If I'd bought a GT, I'd be stuck with that ugly "GT" logo on the back end instead of the pretty pony and stripes... and stuck with the big, ol' ugly fog lights instead of these beauties:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...0/ppuser/24292

Bow down at the altar...? Nope, I don't do that crap for anyone. But I'll give you a nice wave and a smile as I cruise by in my lovely RETRO pony!

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-EATER
Just a little off topic but a friend of mine, Matt just dynoed
609 RWHP and 640 RWTQ on a 95 block built 4.2 liter pushing 30 PSI , this was as of last night .

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
But when the Camaro was in production, Chevy offered both a V6 and a V8 version of the Camaro. Besides, Ford needs to make the V6 Stang, something to do with meeting Federal regualtions for production numbers or such. Plus many people own a V6 because they want a V6. As strange as it may sound to those of us who have V8s, some people (for whatever reason) simply do not want a V8. Ford makes more V6 Mustangs because they sell more V6 Mustangs. Without the V6 Mustang, Ford would not be able to use the Mustang as their bottom line getter. Remember, it is because of the F-150 and the Mustang that keeps Ford from being totally overcome by their financial woes.

On a personal note, I like being a bit special. In 2005, Ford aimed for 192,000 Mustangs, but may have only reached approximately 160,000 Mustangs. Of those 160K Stangs, only approx. 60K were GTs and of those, only approx. 13K were convertible GTs. I really like having one of the rarest production cars for model year 2005...a 2005 Mustang GT convertible (of course it is further limited if you count color, interior, convertible top and transmission). If Ford only made one version, then I would have one of 160,000+/- instead of of one of 13,000+/-. Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying a V8 is better (or worse) than a V6, just different. Just remember, different strokes for different folks.

Cant we all (Mustnag owners...V6, GT, Coupe & Vert) just get along?!
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Seeing as how 75% of Mustangs sold are 6ers, the GT would likely cost as much or more than a G35 if we sixers didn't subsidize GT production.

Ford would more likely lose the 8 than the 6, especially considering the new 3.5L can be stroked to 4.0Ls and make far over 300 hp.

Heck, the 3.8L is capable of making 260+ hp with a little intake/exhaust and cam work -and that's a relatively mild street cam.

The 4.0L isn't as strong as the 3.8/4.2L -perhaps they'll do some block work before ending production, but the new 3.5L will make all of us cry.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
But when the Camaro was in production, Chevy offered both a V6 and a V8 version of the Camaro. Besides, Fords needs to make the V Stang, something to do with meeting Federal regualtions for production numbers or such. Plus many people own a V6 because they want a V6. As strange as it may sound to those of us who have V8s, some people (for whatever reason) simply do not want a V8. Ford makes more V6 Mustangs because they sell more V6 Mustangs. without the V6 Mustang, Ford would not be able to use the Mustang as their bottom line getter. Remember, it is because of the F-150 and the Mustang that keeps Ford from being totally overcome by their financial woes.

On a personal note, I like being a bit special. In 2005, Ford aimed for 192,000 Mustangs, but may have only reached approximately 160,000 Mustangs. Of those 160K Stangs, only approx. 60K were GTs and of those, only approx. 13K were convertible GTs. I really like having one of the rarest production cars for model year 2005...a 2005 Mustang GT convertible (of course it is further limited if you count color, interior, convertible top and transmission). If Ford only made one version, then I would have one of 160,000+/- instead of of one of 13,000+/-. Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying a V8 is better (or worse) than a V6, just different. Just remember, different strokes for different folks.

Cant we all (Mustnag owners...V6, GT, Coupe & Vert) just get along?!

Where's the fun in that?!

We loved killing the 350/454s back in the 80s. There's no more of those to kick around. What's more satisfying -beating a 350 with a 428? or beating one with a 302/5.0L?

The 5.0L

What's more satisfying than that? Doing in in a 3.8L!!!!

Shoot, If I can somehow figure out how to put that lil 3.5L (stroked to 4.0L) in my 2003, I'm going to be in heaven. - Throw a blower on that sucker, and start hunting Terminators!!!!

:hihi:

S197 Member

Size doesn't matter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page