No love from a sixer - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
Size doesn't matter.
I dunno, my girlfriend says otherwise . .. .


:hihi: :hihi:

But then maybe that's why I'm not concerned with cylinder count or decibels


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
GT-EATER's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 818
 
Final numbers on Matts Turbo V6 was 638 RWHP and 648 RWTQ.:eyepoppin

GT-EATER is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-EATER
Final numbers on Marrs Turbo V6 was 638 RWHP and 648 RWTQ.:eyepoppin
Dang, I'm going to have to go back and revise my combination. What's the rpm for hp and tq?

What did he do with the crank?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
 
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Dang, I'm going to have to go back and revise my combination. What's the rpm for hp and tq?

What did he do with the crank?
I know what I was planning -I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve, but that was the peak target for me -I was planning on running 400-450 hp without turning up the wick for street duty . ..

I'd like to know how he got there . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
GT-EATER's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 818
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Dang, I'm going to have to go back and revise my combination. What's the rpm for hp and tq?

What did he do with the crank?
As soon as he sends me a copy of the dyno I'll post it up. The crank is a stock 4.2 steel crank same one I will be using . He just switched to 8mm valve , and has a chilled water to air intercooler , he also has a boxed upper .
GT-EATER is offline  
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
rmays06's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark25
Ford should have only made one engine version for the Mustang, a V8, then there wouldn't be any of this rivalry between V8s and V6s...you don't see Chevy putting out a V6 Corvette...they put out a 500HP Z06...and the standard 400HP Vette is no slouch either...

This has got to be one of the DUMBEST comments I've ever heard here. The Mustang isn't designed to be a super car the VETTE is. Why the hell would you have a car the is always amonst the super cars with 2 seats having a V6 in it. But in the late 50's early 60's they had a V6 in it, so its not immune either is it? The mustang from the beginning has been a college kid car or a young family car not a super car that is why they have always offered a smaller motor. WOW I can't believe that someone threw out the VETTE doesn't have a V6 line......
rmays06 is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 369
 
again...

we are all the same community here right... you guys need to calm down because its tiresome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	argue.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	19851  

Osiris - '07 Shelby GT500 - Black
under construction
Osiris is offline  
post #83 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member
 
pumpdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 2,445
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmays06
This has got to be one of the DUMBEST comments I've ever heard here. The Mustang isn't designed to be a super car the VETTE is. Why the hell would you have a car the is always amonst the super cars with 2 seats having a V6 in it. But in the late 50's early 60's they had a V6 in it, so its not immune either is it? The mustang from the beginning has been a college kid car or a young family car not a super car that is why they have always offered a smaller motor. WOW I can't believe that someone threw out the VETTE doesn't have a V6 line......


Really? Damn I got to find one of those, mustta been the super secret model:hihi:

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
pumpdoc is offline  
S197 Member
 
Foolinjected's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 451
 
Corvettes had straight sixes in 53-54, not V6's, in 55 some had 265 V8's. from 56 on they've all been V8's
Foolinjected is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-EATER
As soon as he sends me a copy of the dyno I'll post it up. The crank is a stock 4.2 steel crank same one I will be using . He just switched to 8mm valve , and has a chilled water to air intercooler , he also has a boxed upper .
Good, I've still got some secrets!

:hihi:

Oh wait, you're older than I am.

Most of the sixers are kids, and don't know the sneaky stuff . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
rmays06's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Originally Posted by Mark25
Ford should have only made one engine version for the Mustang, a V8, then there wouldn't be any of this rivalry between V8s and V6s...you don't see Chevy putting out a V6 Corvette...they put out a 500HP Z06...and the standard 400HP Vette is no slouch either...


This has got to be one of the DUMBEST comments I've ever heard here. The Mustang isn't designed to be a super car the VETTE is. Why the hell would you have a car the is always amonst the super cars with 2 seats having a V6 in it. But in the late 50's early 60's they had a V6 in it, so its not immune either is it? The mustang from the beginning has been a college kid car or a young family car not a super car that is why they have always offered a smaller motor. WOW I can't believe that someone threw out the VETTE doesn't have a V6 line......
Really? Damn I got to find one of those, mustta been the super secret model:hihi:
sorry I put V6 I knew they had a 6 wasn't sure before I typed my comments ....I can without back peddeling apoligize when I've made a mistake. Sould have checked before I posted so if I lead anyone astry sorry......

See jerky that is how its done!
rmays06 is offline  
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
GT-EATER's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 818
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Good, I've still got some secrets!

:hihi:

Oh wait, you're older than I am.

Most of the sixers are kids, and don't know the sneaky stuff . . .
Yeah me too :hihi:
GT-EATER is offline  
post #88 of 122 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member
 
pumpdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 2,445
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmays06
sorry I put V6 I knew they had a 6 wasn't sure before I typed my comments ....I can without back peddeling apoligize when I've made a mistake. Sould have checked before I posted so if I lead anyone astry sorry......

See jerky that is how its done!
Got to resort to name calling huh? no class

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
pumpdoc is offline  
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
rmays06's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Got to resort to name calling huh? no class
I think its funny that a guy who starts a thread that is 6 pages long full of arguments is talking about class!!! and I think it is funny You assumed that I was referencing you.....Well who's got thin skin now?
rmays06 is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
wow...six pages...i cant believe its gone this long...doc you inspired the masses brother...tell another joke so we can go for 20 pages more

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What makes you love the mustang over the camaro? 97woodwarddream 4.6L Talk 18 08-30-2006 03:15 AM
wrecked my love FB Treat48 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 15 05-29-2006 09:44 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1