Expected Performance Gains? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I think you get more gains from a TB and that stuff with a S/C'd engine. The NA engine just doesnt need that much air...the CAI intake will give a NA engine some boost...but I think there is a line where it gets as much air as it can handle.

You probably will notice more of a diff with S/C, Turbo, and Nitrous applications with the TB where you are forcing air into the engine rather than letting it just suck it in.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
Interesting, its something to consider. I guess some people like the TB and others arent so fond. I'm definitely not going to buy a TB Spacer though! Thanks for all the information on the CMCV Delete Plates... This winter I'm going to buy all my stuff, and in the spring I'm going to install them all. One question for those of you who have the plates... how easy are they to install? I am going to do the tune, CAI, pulleys, and whatever else myself, and would like to do the delete plates as well if they arent too complicated. First, I dont want to pay the $ to have somebody work on my car, and secondly, I find a lot of pleasure knowing I did it myself. Plus, I know whats going on under the hood!

On a side note, I may consider a stage 1 cam down the road. Is it worth the $ in your opinion. Granted, this is a ways down the road, but I'm giving it some serious thought!

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFStang
One question for those of you who have the plates... how easy are they to install? I am going to do the tune, CAI, pulleys, and whatever else myself, and would like to do the delete plates as well if they arent too complicated.
Delete plates are not hard at all, but a little tedious getting the plenum off. I'd recommend not disconnecting the fuel line, as seems to be suggested in some of the instructions. Most guys, myself included, appear to be simply unbolting the fuel rails and moving stuff carefully around until the plenum can be pulled off the top of the motor.

Also, you'll have to decide what to do with the CMRC actuator motor, which is mounted on the back of the manifold. I removed it altogether, since there's no need for it anymore with no actuator arms to move. I just tucked the connector in between other wires nearby to keep it from hanging loose.

Get a T30 Torx wrench, but no other special tools required unless you decide you will disconnect the fuel line; in which case you'd also need a fuel disconnect tool. A magnetic retrieval tool might also be helpful if you manage to drop a bolt or two between the plenum runners on top of the block, in a nearly impossible-to-reach position (ahem).

Figure a couple of hours - maybe less if you can get a buddy to help you jiggle the fuel rails and lines around while you're getting the plenum off and back on.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFStang
Interesting, its something to consider. I guess some people like the TB and others arent so fond. I'm definitely not going to buy a TB Spacer though! Thanks for all the information on the CMCV Delete Plates... This winter I'm going to buy all my stuff, and in the spring I'm going to install them all. One question for those of you who have the plates... how easy are they to install? I am going to do the tune, CAI, pulleys, and whatever else myself, and would like to do the delete plates as well if they arent too complicated. First, I dont want to pay the $ to have somebody work on my car, and secondly, I find a lot of pleasure knowing I did it myself. Plus, I know whats going on under the hood!

On a side note, I may consider a stage 1 cam down the road. Is it worth the $ in your opinion. Granted, this is a ways down the road, but I'm giving it some serious thought!
I gained around 37 rwhp but I've heard some comments on long term negative impact on the engine.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
37 hp with simply the cam replacement? Pretty impressive... I havent heard anything yet of engine longevity, but I havent seen many threads on the subject either...

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page