The Mustang Attitude - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thumbs down The Mustang Attitude

hey guys. I'm really proud I have a mustang, I think it completes my 'cool personality'. What I really like about the mustang is that whenever you see one on the road and drive next to/pass it, you have to look at the other driver and give him/her that cool grin or thumbs up, it's kinda like a deal you make when you enter the mustang community. But sadly not everybody seems to understand that. Recently, I'm been driving next to mustang drivers (not for too long just happen to be next one) and I try to look at the guy/girl, looking for that "we are so cool" look in the eye, but NO, they just look straight as if you're not there, and I know I've got a sweet lookin ride so I expect eye complements but NO, there aren't any. So what's happenin, I thought mustang drivers are 'COOL'. Most of these guys with the serious looks are oldies, I'm 21 and I'm neither a reckless driver nor a stupid lookin teenager but why all the seriousness?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
V6 Member

No one cares that we drive mustangs, people at school ask me what I drive, I say a mustang, and they say "oh" and change the subject. They dont know if im driving a 69 Boss or a 06 GT500, it's still a "mustang" to the general public.

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
No one cares that we drive mustangs, people at school ask me what I drive, I say a mustang, and they say "oh" and change the subject. They dont know if im driving a 69 Boss or a 06 GT500, it's still a "mustang" to the general public.
Try sayin'

"I drive a m-- F'n Mustang mofo! What f'n P.O.S. do you drive!! (Helps if you can deliver it like Samuel L. Jackson!!)

:hihi:

That'll keep em on subject.

Perhaps they change the subject because they can't top it!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
S197 Member

When I see a Mustang on the road, I just look at it and appreciate it. I never try to get the driver's attention. What is the point of that?

If you want compliments, you should join a Mustang club.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Try sayin'

"I drive a m-- F'n Mustang mofo! What f'n P.O.S. do you drive!! (Helps if you can deliver it like Samuel L. Jackson!!)

That's a good ice breaker.:eyepoppin
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornyGT
I thought mustang drivers are 'COOL'. Most of these guys with the serious looks are oldies, I'm 21 and I'm neither a reckless driver nor a stupid lookin teenager but why all the seriousness?
Hey, I'm an oldie. I never give fellow Mustang guys a serious look. In fact I never give anyone a serious look. A dumb look maybe.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiandra
That's a good ice breaker.:eyepoppin
Works for me!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

How about this one:

I drive a Fo-o-o-ord Mustang -Loved by many, Feared and Hated by some, Recognized by people Aaaalllll Over the Planet. Pictures and movies of it are beamed into Outer Space.

-Inspired a Vietnamese refugee to come across the globe, learn english, graduate with advanced degrees in engineering and business, to become an American Citizen, so he could design Fo-o-o-o-ord Mustangs.

What POS do you drive?

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

no u guys don't get it, mustang drivers are supposed to be different and here's why, if you're drivin a porsche, ferrari, lambo, that just means ur a rich M.F. but doesn't have to be a cool person (u know one of 'THE guys'), but a mustang driver attracts chicks attention, and girls really dig that. but that's not what i'm talkin about. I'm concerned about the relationship between two mustang drivers, they should always give the thumb up when they meet on the road, even a small head hode would do, sort of saying: "what's crackin yo!", but can't find that nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
How about this one:

I drive a Fo-o-o-ord Mustang -Loved by many, Feared and Hated by some, Recognized by people Aaaalllll Over the Planet. Pictures and movies of it are beamed into Outer Space.

-Inspired a Vietnamese refugee to come across the globe, learn english, graduate with advanced degrees in engineering and business, to become an American Citizen, so he could design Fo-o-o-o-ord Mustangs.

What POS do you drive?

Much more civil kscoyote.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
When I see a Mustang on the road, I just look at it and appreciate it. I never try to get the driver's attention. What is the point of that?

If you want compliments, you should join a Mustang club.

OMG you have a river city ransom icon!!! lol that's hilarious...
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
OMG you have a river city ransom icon!!! lol that's hilarious...
of course girls have a totally different perspective... :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornyGT
no u guys don't get it, mustang drivers are supposed to be different and here's why, if you're drivin a porsche, ferrari, lambo, that just means ur a rich M.F. but doesn't have to be a cool person (u know one of 'THE guys'), but a mustang driver attracts chicks attention, and girls really dig that. but that's not what i'm talkin about. I'm concerned about the relationship between two mustang drivers, they should always give the thumb up when they meet on the road, even a small head hode would do, sort of saying: "what's crackin yo!", but can't find that nowadays.
Wow, ya got me confused. No offence HornyGT, but I have no idea what your talking about. Generation gap issue maybe? BTW what's a "head hode" and what do you mean by "what's crackin yo!"?
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiandra
Wow, ya got me confused. No offence HornyGT, but I have no idea what your talking about. Generation gap issue maybe? BTW what's a "head hode" and what do you mean by "what's crackin yo!"?
lol, i don't think it's a generation gap, it's just bad english combined with bad spelling lol. I meant a 'node' not a 'hode', what's crackin, is like, what's up or what's happenin. as for what i mean, all I'm saying is that, mustang drivers should consider grinning or giving some kind of signal like: "I solute you my friend for driving a mean machine". It's just feels sad when you pass by the very same car ur driving without giving the thumb up, just my view. I guess I'm a little happier than I should be for driving this '05
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'll give a nod to whatever person gives me a nod in their car. Doesn't matter what they are driving. Last week, a cute chic in a Honda gave me a smile when she pulled up to me, so I gave one back...

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page