Simple mods to do for me - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Simple mods to do for me

I am not very mechanically savy, and i was wondering if you guys could suggest something simple to do to a '07 GT VERT. Thanks a lot

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot
I am not very mechanically savy, and i was wondering if you guys could suggest something simple to do to a '07 GT VERT. Thanks a lot
Go with a BamaChips SCT Tuner and a C&L CAI...case closed

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Ditto! I just installed my Bamachips JLT combo this morning ....and I love it!

2006 Black GTA Premium Vert

Mods:
JLT CAI/Bama 93 race Tune/ Taillight trim/Trunk Letters/painted calipers/CDC Classic Chin Spoiler/Ford Exhaust Tips/Pony emblems/Sequential Taillights

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

+1

Second, when you're ready, GEARS!!!

Dave
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Here are a few mods to make from one non-mechanically inclined Stanger. to another..
1) shorty atnenna, 2) plenum cover, 3) strut tower brace, 4) aluminum engine covers/caps, 5) interior aluminum trim, 6) painted calipers, 7) polished radiator cover, 8) custom floor mats, 9) steering wheel cover, and 10) of course a good wash and polish .......lol

In all seriousness, +1 for the SCT XCal2 tuner, and a CAI & axleback exhaust are relatively easy upgrades.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
Go with a BamaChips SCT Tuner and a C&L CAI...case closed
+1 SCT Xcal2, Tunes (BamaChips or Brenspeed) and CAI (C&L, JLT, Tuneable Induction). If you can manage to remove and reinstall 2 hose clamps using a screwdriver and 1 bolt using a socket wrench, this is an easy mod. The computer part is a cakewalk too. Together, this is probably the biggest performance enhancement available, short of a supercharger or turbocharger. Expect to spend $550-$700 for the package and get ~25 RWHP, crisp throttle response and automatic shifts in return.

Normally like the idea of gears too, but not something a self-professed "mechanically challenged" Mustang fan would ever want to attempt. Be prepared to have a rear end-specific shop do this for you, and pay $600-$800 for the gears and installation.

Lots of cosmetic mods can be done with little effort.

Good luck.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
How about getting those window scoops? Just the back side ones.

i don't really want to have to go through the trouble of getting them painted though. How much would it cost on average to get them painted?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
i don't really want to have to go through the trouble of getting them painted though. How much would it cost on average to get them painted?
Remember, though, sometimes it's worth going through a bit of "trouble" to get the car the way you like it. Don't cut corners just because you're impatient.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot
How about getting those window scoops? Just the back side ones.

I have the Razzi scoops from AtlantaMustang.com and they look fantastic...came prepainted, just give them your paint code
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page