Rk Sport Ram Air Firberglass Hood? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Rk Sport Ram Air Firberglass Hood?

anybody get this hood? NOT THE CALIFORNIA RAM AIR...it looks sweet but where does the water go? is there a lot of prep work? http://www.lmperformance.com/5325/73.html

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

there can be a lot of prep work. i dunno about where the water goes.....usually if ur driving that fast and most people put a screen where that opening is. so i havent heard of water being a problem. i think getting the hood to align+prep work will be your biggest problems. especially if you cant do it yourself. body shops charge alot. i see it like asking a mechanic to fix an electrical problem on a 67 mustang....they might get it done....but your gunna pay for it. thats just my $0.02

2006 GT....White On Black.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
S197 Member

I have the Cali Dream Hood. Water is not an issue...the prep work IS. I had about 20 hours getting mine right and I have years of experience. Expect to spend lots of extra $ at the body shop. Ultimately, it looks great on the car and really finished off the look i was going for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hood2.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	19892   Click image for larger version

Name:	hood4.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	19893  

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafix66
I have the Cali Dream Hood. Water is not an issue...the prep work IS. I had about 20 hours getting mine right and I have years of experience. Expect to spend lots of extra $ at the body shop. Ultimately, it looks great on the car and really finished off the look i was going for.
I have said this before and I will say it again, damn I am jealous, your hood looks damn good. I just wish mine came out like that, instead of being scrapped for the nonfixable issues.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006
S197 Member

DITTO FOR ME! That hood looks great though he probably bought from rk sport? Not hoods4sale
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

lol true. and the years of body experience had no play in this. i was loooking to get a hood. but i dont wanna deal with the headache. i was looking at the dream car factory hood. its bad a**. but oh well.

2006 GT....White On Black.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Dang... did not need to see those pictures... now I'm back to thinking I should take my chances with hood4sale... hopefully he's not a big guy so I can whopp him if there is probs...!!??

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I must admit, after seeing graphix66 pics, makes me want the hood more than ever. kj_cinci...dont waste your time with hood4sale, go with RKSport. Too many problems with hood4sale. Remember you get what you pay for. From all the comments about hood4sale, you will end up regrettign it and then end up paying for another hood.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

It's just that... I'll pick one up for $300 and make it work or it's NO hood... I'm not going to pay $1,000 delivered!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
S197 Member

hood

Be aware, the hoods4sale hood takes a lot of time to fix. However, I've heard the RKSport hood has it's own problems. I've seen pics of some that have come through with some serious damage and the cutouts for the scoops are anything but finished off. That's why I originally went with the Hood4sale product. What burns me is that their feedback on ebay is so positive.You can get sucked in pretty easily for that price. BTW, they never left me the option for feedback. Maybe they knew what would come of it.
As mentioned above, if you have the time and experience, the Hoods4sale product can be made to work. Too bad someone couldn't make one of these in stamped aluminum 'cause this is easily the best looking hood there is available for this stang.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
So grafix66, you obvioulsy have some skill in body shop skills. I understand how to fix some of the known issues with the hood4sale hoods...like I undertand what needs to be down to fix the gaps inthe fenders (realign the fenders), what is necesary to fix the waves (blocking and sanding), I can even understand how to fix the chipped corner and minor cracks (bondo or fiberglass repair), I even figured out how to install the the screen (more fiberglass repair), but how do you fix the issue that the hood boew slightly upward inthe middle and how do you go about fixing the problem I had witht he raised corner, when the hood is sitting on the black cowl piece of the car (no room to adjust lower). If I can figure out what is involved or how to fix those two issues, I could make my hood work.

I will also agree, it is the best looking hood out there, hence why I wanted one. Again, I will say, damn yours looks good. Since your hood is my color, I will trade you a shinny new quarter for your hood....lol.
S197 Member

hood probs..

MrVandermey,
A buddy of mine works on show quality cars with his father. They have done heating on warped fiberglass hoods etc.. They have had several extremely nice show stopping cars. I just spoke to him last nite. Theres also products like everglass that work great on the hoods. Mrvandermey do you have an email I would like to send you an article I read on fiberglass hoods.
S197 Member

Hoods a go!

MrVandermey Im going ahead with hood project my friend has volunteered his time. Ive known him for years just didnt realize he knew so much about fiberglass. I think the hoods are in such poor shape that it isnt worth the bodyshops time. They would rather do the quick fast paying jobs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page