Mustang keeps getting better! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stang
"lol, a v6 with 280 HP. That would make all mustangs from 1970-2004 obsolete ( would be faster then 04 GT)." quote from godlik3

1970....I dont think so. 428 SCJ, Boss 429 really odsolete....lol
Ok well when the mustang 2 came out, 1972? Any way thats off topic, we should be drooling over the new stang !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

before pulling more hp out of the engine, they should fix all the problems (weird gear noises and clunks and flunks, and enhance ride qualitym then worry about more power or redesign.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I agree with the Journeyman, insofar as it would be a shame if FoMoCo turns the Stanger into a rich man's machine price-wise. Job 1 for ALL future Ponies, as far as I'm concerned, is: Keep the cost reasonable. You have no idea how often I've sneered (in my mind) at the Beemer or Honda "sports coupe" next to me at a light, thinking "Yeah, Ace, you coulda got TWO of mine for that ONE of yours...and mine's STILL prettier." I know I'm a reverse snob for saying this, but I don't particularly want our little Pony Platoon invaded by a bunch of effing trial lawyers (all apologies to Mr. Vandermey)...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zregime
I agree with the Journeyman, insofar as it would be a shame if FoMoCo turns the Stanger into a rich man's machine price-wise. Job 1 for ALL future Ponies, as far as I'm concerned, is: Keep the cost reasonable. You have no idea how often I've sneered (in my mind) at the Beemer or Honda "sports coupe" next to me at a light, thinking "Yeah, Ace, you coulda got TWO of mine for that ONE of yours...and mine's STILL prettier." I know I'm a reverse snob for saying this, but I don't particularly want our little Pony Platoon invaded by a bunch of effing trial lawyers (all apologies to Mr. Vandermey)...
No worries, no offense taken. Remember, I am a military attorney...I represent soldiers (and occasionally the government). I may be an attorney, but I love muscle cars, even more than I love luxury cars. Also remember, I own a Stang GT vert as my toy and a Ford F-150 as my daily driver....no Euorpean exotic here.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage
BTW why is the pony running the wrong way... I guess the pic is just inverted?
Wow, nice catch, I didn't see that and I looked pretty hard at the pictures right when I got the magazine out of my mailbox.

The cover Mustang has the pony running the wrong way, but the photo doesn't seem to be inverted because the driver's on the left-hand side.

As soon as I read your post, I ran and grabbed my Road & Track to investigate this sacrilege. However, I'm happy to report that all of the photos of the cars in the spread have the pony pointed in the correct direction (facing left). I guess the emblem must've fallen off the cover car and been stuck back on by one of the R&T dweebs the wrong way.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
No worries, no offense taken. Remember, I am a military attorney...I represent soldiers (and occasionally the government). I may be an attorney, but I love muscle cars, even more than I love luxury cars. Also remember, I own a Stang GT vert as my toy and a Ford F-150 as my daily driver....no Euorpean exotic here.
Then you are one of the good guys!

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page