Mustang keeps getting better! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter

Mustang keeps getting better!

I love the possible new look '08-09 Stang. nice evolution of the car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fut.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	19887  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
V6 Member

Looks good!

More sporty then the current model? More importantly... any news on horsepower gains??:eyepoppin

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter

not to many details on HP or the car, just a few pics, real aggressive looking front end!! Love it!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
the 2005 mustang will still be known as one of the greatest models since i wa so retro and revolutionary to the whole look towards mustangs. It will also be the year where ford made 80,000 of them, and got orders for over 200,000 of them!!!

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

OH MY GOD thats a beautiful looking front end....mixes the GT500 and the GT. MMMMMM boy!

I wonder what the GTO will look like?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
Looks good!

More sporty then the current model? More importantly... any news on horsepower gains??:eyepoppin
Pictures were all from front or 3/4 front views, so the only obvious styling changes were the GT500-ish front end, and the twin-nostrils hood (puh-leeze be functional). From what I could tell about the rest, the waist and rear-end of the car look very similar to the 2005-07 models, with slightly streamlined rocker panels. Essentially the same platform with some new plastic hung on it, mostly in the front, by these pictures.

As far as power output, there was speculation that the current 4.0 V6 would be replaced by the new Lincoln 3.5 V6, and output bumped to (someone help me if I get the number wrong) 280 horsepower.

For the V8, there was a really vague mention along the lines of "more displacement... 350-400 horsepower". Sounds like magazine-speak to me for "anything could happen". I'd have a hard time seeing Ford going from the 4.6 to 5.4 in this model update, although if they don't the Camaro and Charger will clearly have the upper hand. So maybe they'll differentiate the powertrain options and offer a 5.4 as an optional package. That is, if Ford has the 'nads to compete for the performance-specific market share anymore, being as small as it is compared to Joe Mustang Buyer.

My guess would be that for the mainstream Stangs, they tweak the existing 4.6 to 325 horsepower, or so, to be able to say it's new and improved.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
OH MY GOD thats a beautiful looking front end....mixes the GT500 and the GT. MMMMMM boy!

I wonder what the GTO will look like?
Dude what GTO. The GTO is ugly, its just a cheap engine thats got super power. Eventually the sh*t will break down the first year

ROUSH Stage 1 package, ROUSH Carbon fiber IUP, UPR 2005 Round A/C Knob Kit, Clear Front Turn Signal Assembly, Clear Rear Bumper Side Marker Light, Steeda V6 Steel Strut Tower Brace, MMR V6 Rear Coil Over Kit, Limo tints, 2005 Mustang Billet Door Pins, Ford Racing mats.

Just Installed>>> MAC Ceramic Longtubes with MAC Prochamber
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
It basically looks the GT-500.

The new GTO should be pretty nice, it's starting out life with a whole new look, it's not being based on any of the current Pontiac platforms. I dont know where your getting this "break down in the first year" business because the motor in the GTO isnt bad at all. It makes great power. See Chevy continued and continues to research and invest in its push rod motors and they've had great success with it unlike Ford who jumped over to the mod-motor.

Just look at the LT1's, LS1's LS6's etc. They're all pretty stout decent motors.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter

Way better looking than GT500, Love the angles on the grill & headlights, and hood scoops. For some reason I don't like any Mustang without the driving/fog lights in the grill, looks kinda weak, like the GT500 & GT350 hertz. (I know they're far from weak!) just my opinion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fut.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	19888  
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneymanDave
Pictures were all from front or 3/4 front views, so the only obvious styling changes were the GT500-ish front end, and the twin-nostrils hood (puh-leeze be functional). From what I could tell about the rest, the waist and rear-end of the car look very similar to the 2005-07 models, with slightly streamlined rocker panels. Essentially the same platform with some new plastic hung on it, mostly in the front, by these pictures.

As far as power output, there was speculation that the current 4.0 V6 would be replaced by the new Lincoln 3.5 V6, and output bumped to (someone help me if I get the number wrong) 280 horsepower.

For the V8, there was a really vague mention along the lines of "more displacement... 350-400 horsepower". Sounds like magazine-speak to me for "anything could happen". I'd have a hard time seeing Ford going from the 4.6 to 5.4 in this model update, although if they don't the Camaro and Charger will clearly have the upper hand. So maybe they'll differentiate the powertrain options and offer a 5.4 as an optional package. That is, if Ford has the 'nads to compete for the performance-specific market share anymore, being as small as it is compared to Joe Mustang Buyer.

My guess would be that for the mainstream Stangs, they tweak the existing 4.6 to 325 horsepower, or so, to be able to say it's new and improved.
If the V6 becomes a 3.5 making 280hp then they would have to do something with the 4.6. That would reallllly suck if the V8 was only making 20 more hp than the V6. I have my fingers crossed for an aluminum block 5.4 but I don't really think it's going to happen. I agree, I believe Ford will 'tweak' the existing 4.6 to around 325 or so and maybe there will be a Boss version (or some special version) with an N/A 5.4 in the future.

I don't think they are really worried about getting blown away (performance wise) by the Camaro. I remember talking about this in another thread, all throughout the 90's (and 01, 02) the Camaro was quite a bit quicker than the GT and that didn't stop Ford from outselling Chevy. So although I think there will be a hp increase on the GT I don't think they will go all out and push the 400hp mark just to try and compete with the Camaro.....although that would be sweet.

BTW why is the pony running the wrong way... I guess the pic is just inverted?
V6 Member

lol, a v6 with 280 HP. That would make all mustangs from 1970-2004 obsolete ( would be faster then 04 GT).
S197 Member

I hope ford goes with the more modern look with the newer cars. It will take the retro out of them and make the 05-07s keep their look forever. If they are just going to change bumpers and front ends, then its really not a big deal...but if it gets new sheetmetal .. i hope they do their research and not go backwards.
S197 Member

"lol, a v6 with 280 HP. That would make all mustangs from 1970-2004 obsolete ( would be faster then 04 GT)." quote from godlik3

1970....I dont think so. 428 SCJ, Boss 429 really odsolete....lol
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage
If the V6 becomes a 3.5 making 280hp then they would have to do something with the 4.6. That would reallllly suck if the V8 was only making 20 more hp than the V6. I have my fingers crossed for an aluminum block 5.4 but I don't really think it's going to happen. I agree, I believe Ford will 'tweak' the existing 4.6 to around 325 or so and maybe there will be a Boss version (or some special version) with an N/A 5.4 in the future.

I don't think they are really worried about getting blown away (performance wise) by the Camaro. I remember talking about this in another thread, all throughout the 90's (and 01, 02) the Camaro was quite a bit quicker than the GT and that didn't stop Ford from outselling Chevy. So although I think there will be a hp increase on the GT I don't think they will go all out and push the 400hp mark just to try and compete with the Camaro.....although that would be sweet.

BTW why is the pony running the wrong way... I guess the pic is just inverted?
I have read that the 302/5.0 is back in plans, but modular, not pushrod.
We'll keep wondering until it comes out I guess.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach5
For some reason I don't like any Mustang without the driving/fog lights in the grill, looks kinda weak,
I agree with this, but that doesn't mean I don't like the current V6 Mustang. On the 05 v6's, something just looked "missing."

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page