so a superchared mustang is better then gt 500 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I love it when people smack talk about a cars performance when they've never ridden in one, or even seen one in person.

A buddy of mine from Tampabaymustangs.com, (Jim) got to go for a test ride during a car show here in Tampa. He had nothing but sincere praise for it, and relayed that it was definatley a dream come true.

Just withold your criticism of the car till you actually see one in person, or ride in one.

Personally, I can't wait till I get the chance.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
S197 Member

I remember I started a thread on why people hate mustangs. A large consensus is that it's, in reality, a great performance car for the money, and tough to beat.

People are hating on the GT500 partially for some of the same reasons...even from fellow mustang owners. Some pent up hostility due to the fact that you can't get this car for under 45-50k dispite it's rareness, which is out of the reach of most of us. So since most of us can't get our hands on one, we'll bash it, maybe out of anger towards Ford+Shelby for making such a rare and expensive car(instead of building another continuation of the '04 Terminator) that's normally built for the common man, and dealerships who jack the price up.

I know I was upset since I've been wanting a Cobra for some time, and I figured the '07 would be around 35k,36k. Just within my reach. Then I heard Shelby was making it and they were dropping a 5.4L with 500 hp, and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford one...so naturally I was upset too.

But in the end, you realize there will always be another better mustang coming out after you buy yours. So....whatcan ya do?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
I'm hoping to find a repo'd one on a car lot in the next year or so.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams

BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03
I'm hoping to find a repo'd one on a car lot in the next year or so.
Lol. I was thinking the same thing. I see a lot of young kids buying these things. I'm sure you will find one.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I'm sure there will also be some wrecked ones just waiting to be restored.

1965 Mustang Coupe
SHELBY GT 350 Member

As long as the subframes are straight I don't care if it's been wrecked. I just want one.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
S197 Member

I have personally seen a gt500 with a custom tune and slicks go in the 11's which is not something one of us could do with a slightly modded car.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to thump_rrr
My friend has a GT500 vert he's ran

2.089/8.197/12.567/116.09 100% Stock on goodyears

1.754/7.660/11.890/120.93 28x10 16" Hoosier slicks on Weld XP's

1.704/7.496/11.652/122.598 on above Hoosiers and an SCT tune he built himself without the aid of a dyno.

He just installed a set of 4.10's and will be going back to the track this weekend.

BTW he dynoed at 448rwhp on a Dynojet.

As you can see the GT500 isn't the dog that some people think it is.

here's a link to his latest threadhttp://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=324214

05 White GT Premium 5 Sp. IUP, Active Alarm
BMR, C&L, Centerforce, Fidanza, FRPP, GI Joe, JBA, JDM Engineering, LPW, Saleen, SCT, Steeda, SOS

S/C 1.613 60'. 4.748 330', 7.332 @ 93.75mph 1/8th, 9.566 1000', 11.427 @ 119.92 1/4mile
SHELBY GT 350 Member

How anyone could think that this car is a dog is beyond me, except for those crappy times turned in by the 'Professional test drivers (HA!)'. Let one person publish an unspectacular time and trap speed and a car gets labeled a dog.

John Adams
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03
OK, and what kind of times have box stock Mustang GT's pulled off in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? I'm willing to be it's better than 13.5. The sun shines on a lazy dog's butt once a day so I'll concede that 4.9 sec is a fair enough 0-60 time.
I think the best I've heard of from a box stock '05 or '06 GT is 13.4. And remember that R&T tests with the OE tires.

EDIT: For the record, I definitely don't think that the GT500 is anything resembling a "dog". It'd wipe the road with my '06 any day of the week, and would probably even edge out the 951 on a track I'm just saying that the R&T (and other published times) aren't far off of what your average, moderately-skilled driver will be able to get. Besides, the race starts when the road curves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page