Changes between 2006 and 2007 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

I understand the engine mounts have been changed. This means the engine sits alittle higher and if you try to put a strut brace on over a plenum cover you may be out of luck. mitch e

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Cloth top is nice! But you can only get it in black so far. $100-120 option. Not sure how much better it will do in the elements but it sure feels good. Cloth top is standard on the Shelby and by the way the only gears available on the Shelby are 3:73's.

"Don't cuss American Cars with food in your mouth"
PONY Member
S197 Member

has anyone else noticed there is no interior trunk opener? that amazes me. I know in the old they were usually in the glove box and I have looked everywhere. I just think its crazy that they only put it on the keyless entry.

Why would you need an interior trunk opener when you can open the trunk with the keyless entry key fob with out getting out of the car.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiandra
Why would you need an interior trunk opener when you can open the trunk with the keyless entry key fob with out getting out of the car.
When you go out to your car for something from the trunk and realize the keys are in the house.
Ive done this a few times already.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
When you go out to yout car for something from the trunk and realize the keys are in the house.
Ive done this a few times already.
Well, OK. I didn't think of that. I almost always have my keys in my pocket. That hasn't happened to me yet.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
has anyone else noticed there is no interior trunk opener? that amazes me. I know in the old they were usually in the glove box and I have looked everywhere. I just think its crazy that they only put it on the keyless entry.
I think its' security issue. You can use the key or the remote. Other than Stoenr said, everything else is just duplication.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, that's true.
But if they got into the car, they still can get into the trunk without a key on the coupes.

Using a key other than to start a car is seems the norm now.
When was the last time you used the key to unlock your door or drunk in the last 10 years, lol

Other than when my battery was disconnected and I needed stuff from the trunk I think has been the only time for me.

Keeps the posibility of scratches on the doors low too!

And guys, if your lady had long fingernail, make sure you get the door for them all the time :hihi:

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Verts do not have an interior trunk release, for security I guess. In case someone breaks into the car, the trunk is still relatively secure (relatively secure is the key word there).
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
And guys, if your lady had long fingernail, make sure you get the door for them all the time :hihi:
Rings are a killer also, especially with diamonds or any other stone on a mount. When the wife and I take the 06er, she is treated like a queen.

Colton - 06 GT Redfire
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
...by the way the only gears available on the Shelby are 3:73's.
Then someone ripped off my friend. He paid to have the gears changed to 3:73s. He says they come standard with 3:31s. Check this spec sheet.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...obra_specs.htm
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Then someone ripped off my friend. He paid to have the gears changed to 3:73s. He says they come standard with 3:31s. Check this spec sheet.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...obra_specs.htm
Yea I just checked the Ford Site and 3.31's are stock. I could swear
I read 3:73's somewhere and saw them on the window sticker. My bad.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
We should be reading about how the 06 has 350hp, and how the 07 has 365hp. Not " heated seats"!!! OMG I can heat my a$$. Lol sorry...
Not in North Idaho you can't. 20 below for at least a week, every winter. The first year I got here, Idaho set it's record for the coldest day. 60 below. Booger-freezin' cold that is. At 20 below, every time you breathe in through your nose, your nose hairs actually freeze to one another. It feels like someone is tugging on your schnoz-fur with each breath.

Heated seats would be *awesome*!!!! Although, alas, they wouldn't work for your nose.

Also I saw a guy going down the road with a rub strip down the side of his door, so people, in the parking lot, can smack their doors into you more often without damaging the car. Hideous but I guess it would be nice to protect the door panel from morons.

There's no such thing as foolproof. There's always one more fool than you counted on.

One of our entry-level employees once said "You won't outsmart me."

I said "Nope. The best I can hope to do is outstupid you."

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
GT Member
S197 Member

A dome light in the back seat of the car would be nice. My 07 does not have any light back there, I call it the black hole when you open the door and look at the back seats. Only interior lights on mine are the two by the rear view mirror. Do the 06 have rear interior lights?

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
Yea I just checked the Ford Site and 3.31's are stock. I could swear
I read 3:73's somewhere and saw them on the window sticker. My bad.
If I had 450hp, I would *want* 3:31s. I would want 0-60 in first gear, like the Ford GT. With 450hp and 450 ft-lbs of torque you should have no problem spinning the tires at any point in first gear with 3:31 gears. With 4:10s I would only be starting in first gear, on steep inclines.

Who needs a granny-gear in a 450hp Mustang?

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page