How bad is bad insurance? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Read all the posts - no one or anything is going to deter "Hotshot's" decision.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Know what's bad? All the f-ing illegals driving around w/ no insurance. I see so many w/o brake lights or the just don't use or have turn signals. If we hit one of them Ö we're screwed. I figure 2k a year for 2 cars is OK. I have another car, but the company pays for that. Sorry for the rant, but front page today tells how the temporary guests here can walz in the hospital and get their cancer and every other disease cared for.

2005 GT coupe

18 year old with a v6 = around 3600 here in texas. I'm lucky enough that my parents still pay my insurance, though I cover everything else- $5-8,000 is about twice what I make in a year, I only work in the summer. I couldn't possibly own this car if I had to pay that (The parents certainly wouldn't pay that either, lol.)

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
if you don't mind me asking. How did you afford to purchase your car with that little income. I make about 4 times as much as you and i am having a hard time getting enough money together for it.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot
if you don't mind me asking. How did you afford to purchase your car with that little income. I make about 4 times as much as you and i am having a hard time getting enough money together for it.
If you look closely, he mentioned his parents help him out alot (like with insurance and maybe even gas and/or downpayment). Plus he probably currently spending virtually his entire check on his car. Something to consider. His parents most likely bought the car (presumably good credit and all) and he is paying them.

Hotshot, you may be finding it difficult to purchase because you are purhcasing this car yourself. At your age, it is not likely you have established a long credit history, and in many cases, NO credit history is worse than bad credit history. Finance companies know that you are young, so they do consider your insurance premiums in their formula to grant you credit. So even with a good size downpayment, you could still be a highrisk borrower from the viewpoint of the lenders.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Hotshot, I'm not going to say whether or not you should buy your dream car, even though, nope ain't gonna say it. When and if you buy this car, I wish you well. What concerns me the most is your following statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot
I am a very safe driver, the fastes i go is 5 mph over the speed limit. I don't go 100 mph or top out my vehicle. I am a very alert and skilled driver, who is only getting better the more expierence that i get,
You may be a safe, cautious, and alert driver, but skilled? Remember, you not only have to drive for yourself, but everyone else also. I would suggest taking a driving course (drivers ed doesn't count) for performance cars. I recently completed a three day course and learned some things I didn't know after driving for about 30 years. Yes, you'll get better as you get more experience, but it's better to learn in a controlled environment than on the streets or by accident.

Colton - 06 GT Redfire
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogstar
Hotshot, I'm not going to say whether or not you should buy your dream car, even though, nope ain't gonna say it. When and if you buy this car, I wish you well. What concerns me the most is your following statement.

You may be a safe, cautious, and alert driver, but skilled? Remember, you not only have to drive for yourself, but everyone else also. I would suggest taking a driving course (drivers ed doesn't count) for performance cars. I recently completed a three day course and learned some things I didn't know after driving for about 30 years. Yes, you'll get better as you get more experience, but it's better to learn in a controlled environment than on the streets or by accident.
Amen brother Dogstar
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Eric_S197
Well, I just purchased an '05 Mustang GT... Now lowballing everything via Geico would end up being... $1,186 per 6 months I believe...

Now my parents decided to go with Safeco and put me on their policy, because the math ended up being around $100 a month. So I just throw them $100 every month for my GT.

My driving record:
1 Speeding ticket
1 Stop sign violation
2 Accidents (One not my fault and the other was less than $1,500 in medical / vehicle damage)

2008 Shelby GT500
Vista Blue / White Stripes
Assembly Date 8/20/2007
#720 of 6513 coupes
#88 of 869 - Vista Blue/White Stripe

2005 Mustang GT - Saleen supercharged
FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page