Ford Mustang Forum banner

Odometer Readings-Highs and Lows

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Sir::Chunks 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to put my Stang away for the winter, barring any really nice days to cruise before the snow flies. The was a disappointing year as far as use; I still have not cracked 1600 miles on the car. What are some other mileage figures for everyday drivers and weekend/nice weather cruisers?

#3 ·
I've had my new '06 Mustang for about 2 months now and I've already got over 3,600 miles on her. She's my daily driver and I drive about 60 - 70 miles to work 5 days a week. Ideally, I wished my car had about 2,100 miles less on her. I might have to look into getting a beater to use as a daily work driver in the future to keep the 'Stang from racking up too many miles.

#4 ·
there is a guy around here that has 61 k on his '06

#5 ·
16 months old and a whopping 2775 miles on her. Winter is fast approcahing so she will be tucked away for most of it. Yes, even here in Sunny California we get winter...which mostly means rain. She is still a virgin when it comes to rain, for she does not even know rains exists yet.

#6 ·
Got my 06 in January and it has 8300 on the odo. It's my daily driver.

#7 ·
Around 18.5 thousand. :laugh:

#8 ·
mrvandermey said:
16 months old and a whopping 2775 miles on her. Winter is fast approcahing so she will be tucked away for most of it. Yes, even here in Sunny California we get winter...which mostly means rain. She is still a virgin when it comes to rain, for she does not even know rains exists yet.
You know... One of these days you're going to get caught in a freak downpour and then she'll no longer be a virgin :shigrin

#10 ·
stlwagon said:
You know... One of these days you're going to get caught in a freak downpour and then she'll no longer be a virgin :shigrin
Bite your tongue my good man, I am of old fashion values and I believe my girl will remain a virgin forever...lol.
You obvioulsy have not been following my golden rule when it comes to my girl, the weather MUST be above 70 degrees AND NO POSSIBILITY OF RAIN for me to take her out. I am anal enough to check the weather reports the night before and the morning of the time I take her out. The freak storm would have to be a really freaky storm that no one saw coming. Or some freaky tornado or hurricane may come along, rip the roof off my garage and rip the car cover off her then start downpouring above my garage. Okay, it could happen, but not likely. ;)

#11 ·
too many to fast

She touched down off a car carrier from Florida on the 6th of July 2005 with 3 miles on the OD. Drove her from then until Nov 1, 05. Garaged until 4/1/06 and is going back to sleep on 11/18/06. :sadcry: Hopefully only until 4/1/07. Current mileage for a "fun driver" is 8,338 miles. Too many in my book but I can't leave her alone. This car is still a blast to drive and I have had more fun than I can remember in any car. (47 years driving all sorts of stuff, some real fast and some exotics). I think the 65 GT 350 I had was "hairier" and sounded better with the side pipes but this approaches the same level of get up and go and is more stable, if memory serves, at high speed than the 350 was. Looking forward to spring. :gringreen

#12 ·
Got my 07 GT at the end of Aug. and now it has over 3600 miles. She's my daily driver, and we took a road trip to North Carolina.

#14 ·
I picked her up on 8/9/05, and she has 5800 miles as of today. I do not take her off the road in winter, but when roads are dry and clean, we go for a stroll- has never seen rain or snow, or any other bad weather, that's what the Ranger is for.

#16 ·
18 months old and just turned 6100 miles. She only sees nice days, but I do try to get her out at least for a couple of miles once a week.

#17 ·
Odometer Readings

Took delivery on Aug/05,sleeps in the winter,i have 22,000 miles on her.I am taking it from Toronto to Florida to Vegas to Yorba Linda CA,then back to Florida then back to Toronto in March 15/07.I have made this trip in her before, no problems at all.Now i have a 2.6L blower on it i will be looking for some race tracks along the way,any grude matches out there???

#18 ·
Picked mine up in April of '05 with 7100 miles already on it.

She now has 32k.

#21 ·
21 months (Feb 12th, 2005) and 46,456 miles. Daily driver...

#22 ·
2006 V6 Manual tranny, 12 months old, 19,400 miles. So far replaced the fuel pump, and power steering pump. It drives fine, pulls hard for a V6, and gets decent gas MPG. But it does not run refined, polished, nor exude a sense of high quality. No surprise here really...I bought it for the cheapo price, most excellent body style, and great bang for buck value...and besides, I didn't want car payments. I have little regrets for having bought mine.

#23 ·
Woo Woo! Roll Call!!

Purchased 30 Apr 2005

Daily driver as well...plus a few road trips 500 miles +

Peace out!

Edit: Only hiccup - Replaced starter. My booboo when doing my headers. There's a lesson here: Always account for ALL removed bolts and tools. He he! Kinda had to suck it up and pay for that bad chad outta pocket. Lesson learned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.