Odd Situation With the Cops - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
Cops will lay down their life to protect you.......I have a hard time calling them twats.
: i must agree with that... though tickets my be a pain in the a$$, those guys have a tough job- especially in LA and other big cities... :eyepoppin

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

He was probably wondering why you were trying to ruin your car by racking the rpm up to 5 grand in 1st gear. With 320lbs of torque in a 3500lb car thats crazy.
Just out of curiosity, how much does a 16-17 year old pay for insurance with 'stang GT?? bet its more per month than the car payment!

06' GT Tungsten gray,seq. turn sigs. no spoiler.
XM,
An armed man is called a citizen.A disarmed man is called a subject.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Anyone who makes a blanket statement such as the one made about cops has absolutely no room to talk whenever a generalization is made about teenage boys and fast cars. It's the exact same argument, just over different topics. I agree that there are some cops who are jerks. Not all of them though. Just like there are many teenage boys with fast cars who are careless and irresponsible with them, but not all.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams

nghtrnnr

i would never ever call all cops twats...thats insane...most of those guys are greatest but some...........i find it amazing that some folks try and justify this ones action though...that tells about their mindset...theres no way to justify this ones actions....unless you belive in preemptive lawenforcin....arrest a guy cause he may commit a crime?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbomb
He was probably wondering why you were trying to ruin your car by racking the rpm up to 5 grand in 1st gear. With 320lbs of torque in a 3500lb car thats crazy.
Just out of curiosity, how much does a 16-17 year old pay for insurance with 'stang GT?? bet its more per month than the car payment!
a 16yr old with a stang in his name is nuts...it better be registered to mom and pop kid...but oh no...if you did that...how in the world could it be seized?hmmmmmmmmmm
Apprentice
S197 Member

Revving up to 5K rpm in the GT will get pretty loud, and you can attract(in this case) unwanted attention. I have a friend with a Mazda RX-8, and I followed him late the other night through a relatively empty urban/business area. He was accelerating quite fast, and I was hesitant to keep up with him(but I easily could) since my car is louder than most. After we arrived at our destination, I remarked to my friend that I can't drive that fast when the area is that quiet, as I was sure that I would attract law enforcement. And with the type of car I drive(and paint job), I don't expect any mercy. I have emphasized that to my 16 year old son who drives a 2006 V6 Mustang, and he is deathly afraid of being pulled over as well(I suppose that's a good thing).

One time when I was followed by a cop, he just wanted to admire the car and give me kudos. Scared me to death though when he followed me all the way into my work parking lot!

In this case, I think the cop abused his position of power, but since it's only happened one time, it would be hard to prove anything illegal at this point. Plus, a cop vs a teenager in a Mustang GT? We all know who would win(doesn't mean Sanctus is guilty). I have witnessed first hand that some cops can be power-hungry and use their position to promote their own agenda, to the detriment of children. Doesn't mean all cops are bad, but try explaining that to a 13 year old girl.

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
PONY Member
S197 Member

i would really like to know why this officer didn't stop the kid right away...if he did would we still be having this conversation?

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
GT Member
S197 Member

I wanna hear the pd's side, we are only getting this from the side of a teen.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
i would really like to know why this officer didn't stop the kid right away...if he did would we still be having this conversation?
absolutely not...if hed stopped the kid like normal cops do then it would be just another cop stoppin somebody...but noooo, this weirdo had to follow the kid home and then wait till he knew the kid was alone...why do i say that? cause the kid not only had time to park his car and get to his door but even start to make a meal before the cop came callin...thats why i say MAKE A COMPLAINT...cause his fellow cops probably would like to know what this guy is doin...they'll probably at least give him a talk in the locker room cause most cops are pretty cool
GT Member
S197 Member

[quote=nghtrnnr].unless you belive in preemptive lawenforcin....arrest a guy cause he may commit a crime?/quote]

maybe he's republican?

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
post #71 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbomb
I am registered under another car but it is about $330/6mo.

2006 Tungsten GT Manual

Mods:
Window Tint- 50%/15%
Painted Calipers
Valentine 1 radar/laser detector
Corsa Axlebacks
Pypes Offroad H pipe (with Resonators)
JLT CAI
SCTII Tuned by Bamachips
Sequential Tail lights
GT Member
S197 Member

wow that's cheap i'm not sure what mine is.......

post #73 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphasagt
wow that's cheap i'm not sure what mine is.......
Yeah technically "My Car" is a 95 GMC Suburban 1500. So add a few hundred every 6 months to insure that aswell.

2006 Tungsten GT Manual

Mods:
Window Tint- 50%/15%
Painted Calipers
Valentine 1 radar/laser detector
Corsa Axlebacks
Pypes Offroad H pipe (with Resonators)
JLT CAI
SCTII Tuned by Bamachips
Sequential Tail lights
GT Member
S197 Member

not to go off topic here, but how do you like that radar detector? does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede99
I'm 47 years old and I don't drive my GT very hard at all. Being a nurse and all, I'm very concerned about safety because of what I see coming into the ER on a daily basis. But, I've honestly had cops eyeball me and my GT from the other side of the street and actually do a U-turn and follow me for a mile or more, even turning when I make several turns. I'm 47 years old, and probably look it, too. What's up with that? I think for some reason, some of them seem to have a problem with persons driving high-powered cars. It's almost insulting.

Have any of you who are older been harrassed in any way like me???
I'm 59 and the same thing has happened to me more then once. Especially in New Jersey.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page