Odd Situation With the Cops - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphasagt
not to go off topic here, but how do you like that radar detector? does it work?
It is the best one out there, but still it only works about 60% of the time I would say. It is perfect if the cops are using RADAR to detect your speed. Unfortunatly, when officers use LASER to determine your speed it does you no good but to tell you you got a ticket.... Is it a nice thing to have? Yes. Does it give you a false sense of security? Yes. If you get one just remember it doesnt give you the ability to just speed as you wish.

2006 Tungsten GT Manual

Mods:
Window Tint- 50%/15%
Painted Calipers
Valentine 1 radar/laser detector
Corsa Axlebacks
Pypes Offroad H pipe (with Resonators)
JLT CAI
SCTII Tuned by Bamachips
Sequential Tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Read one of my early post on this thread, maked no mistake, the officer was out of line. As for legality, it would be a totallity of the circumstances. A judge would have to hear the entire story, both the young driver and the officer's toi be certain. I thnk Sanctus is doing the right thing at this time.
If I try to see the sit from the officer's POV, he probably feels he is trying to nip, what might become a problem with another kid, in the bud. Since he doesn't know Sanctus and he saw/heard about him revving high, through an intersection, he likely just wants Sanctus to know people are watching. He's not trying to be a jacka$$, just proactive.

BTW, every gated community I have ever seen had the same gate code, that works for all emergency response vehicles. I won't post it b/c probably those living in a gated community already know it and no one else really needs to know it

Were I a cop, I might be a little concerned about a 17 year old going through an intersection at 5K RPM. I'm sure it was a blast but my Mustang will spin the tires in first gear, at 5000 RPM. Unless you are just incredibly late shifting to second, most of us might call 5K a "launch".

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
S197 Member

6 pages.
Sanctus - behave yourself or it's back to the Schwinn.
There, I said it.

PONY Member
S197 Member

This has been a very interesting tread. I like to hear the cops side of the story.
I don't know but my mustang sounds pretty good when I pull to 5000 rpm I'm sure it would draw atention and I'm stock. How ever I'd like to know why the cop didn't pull him over on the street ( maybe he was writing a ticket ) now as far as the cop coming to his house, being a old guy myself that use to happen in my day a warning in person and to dad and dad took care of it. Over all if this was a ball game I'd say this should be a no call both may have been right and both may have been a little wrong but no harm done. Take it as a verbly warning and maybe drive a little slower cuz are stangs draw atention just sitting still. Just my opinion

06 mustang gt 5 spd manual redfire/Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 # 372 /Tillman 93 tune/450 rwhp 435 rwt/GT 500 fuel system/high flow cats X pipe / chrome bullitt wheels / 10inch nitto 555/ MGW shifter /SLP Loudmouth/ sequential turn signals/J&M lca/ painted agent 47 mirrors and Zanio
post #80 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Since the Police Officer was being "Proactive" in his action, I decided to act "Proactively" as well. I put resonators on my mustang to quiet it down a bit. So there is less of a chance of him noticing my car on the street. I have driven alot slower since then but I do not drive fast regardless...

And in response to JetBlack

"I'm sure it was a blast but my Mustang will spin the tires in first gear, at 5000 RPM. Unless you are just incredibly late shifting to second, most of us might call 5K a "launch"."

I dont quite understand. You actually launch your car at 5000rpms? I have yet to even try launching it over 3500. Your d*** right it would spin the wheels. I am not a moron, I don't do that to my car. I "launched" it at 2000rpms because it was going up a hill, and then I just road first gear till 5500 ish rpms. If you pulled out the clutch at 5000rpms, well I dont think that would last that long.

I have only been driving stick for about a year continuously but I haven't done a "burnout" or a "hard launch" yet. I don't think a majority of you guys will believe that but it's true.

2006 Tungsten GT Manual

Mods:
Window Tint- 50%/15%
Painted Calipers
Corsa Axlebacks
JLT CAI
SCTII Tuned by Bamachips
Sequential Tail lights
GT Member
S197 Member

maybe you should get him a lifetime supply of ProActive Solution...

where'd you get the resonators? got a link?

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus
Since the Police Officer was being "Proactive" in his action, I decided to act "Proactively" as well. I put resonators on my mustang to quiet it down a bit. So there is less of a chance of him noticing my car on the street. I have driven alot slower since then but I do not drive fast regardless...

And in response to JetBlack

"I'm sure it was a blast but my Mustang will spin the tires in first gear, at 5000 RPM. Unless you are just incredibly late shifting to second, most of us might call 5K a "launch"."

I dont quite understand. You actually launch your car at 5000rpms? I have yet to even try launching it over 3500. Your d*** right it would spin the wheels. I am not a moron, I don't do that to my car. I "launched" it at 2000rpms because it was going up a hill, and then I just road first gear till 5500 ish rpms. If you pulled out the clutch at 5000rpms, well I dont think that would last that long.

I have only been driving stick for about a year continuously but I haven't done a "burnout" or a "hard launch" yet. I don't think a majority of you guys will believe that but it's true.
i woulda went with a straight pipe with slp loudmouths...usually that continuous noise annoys me but just to prove a point...i would allow myself to be forced to quiet my stang the day they silence harleys
post #83 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i woulda went with a straight pipe with slp loudmouths...usually that continuous noise annoys me but just to prove a point...i would allow myself to be forced to quiet my stang the day they silence harleys
Haha well you can go ahead and tempt whomever you wish. However, that is NOT my goal. I do not have the guts nor the capitol to test the police.

and btw the resonators were intalled by a local muffler shop. And make sure you go to a good shop. I went to one and without taking measurements they took out a saws-all and hacked up my pipes, then welded the resonators on sloppily, and saws-all-ed a bracket and welded it back together to fix the alignment of the tips. I looks like hell under the car. Fortunately nobody sees that...

and the sound is GREAT! not too loud, not exactly quiet! perrrrfect

2006 Tungsten GT Manual

Mods:
Window Tint- 50%/15%
Painted Calipers
Corsa Axlebacks
JLT CAI
SCTII Tuned by Bamachips
Sequential Tail lights
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede99
I'm 47 years old and I don't drive my GT very hard at all. Being a nurse and all, I'm very concerned about safety because of what I see coming into the ER on a daily basis. But, I've honestly had cops eyeball me and my GT from the other side of the street and actually do a U-turn and follow me for a mile or more, even turning when I make several turns. I'm 47 years old, and probably look it, too. What's up with that? I think for some reason, some of them seem to have a problem with persons driving high-powered cars. It's almost insulting. When I was a teen I did drive my '71 Cougar really hard and got lots of tickets. However, the original poster of this thread seems very mature for his age of 17according to the way he writes. I still really question the motives for the cop's appearance at this minor's door.

Have any of you who are older been harrassed in any way like me???
Hey neighbor!

I've never been harrassed in that way (I'm a woman - 48 - almost 49), but did have a motorcycle cop cut me a break one dark morning on the way to work shortly after I bought my Pony.

I was turning left behind an insufferably slow minivan and after completing the turn, I gunned it to get around 'em. Seemed like a split-second later (not sure WHERE the cop came from - I never saw him while sitting at the redlight), I see a brief flash of lights in my rearview mirror and hear a short "CHIRP" of siren. I immediately slowed down and moved to the right... He, nicely, went on around me and that was that. We were side-by-side at the next light and I was 'chicken' - I should have given him a smile and wave of 'thanks,' but didn't.

I seldom 'use' my speed, but occasionally - to get around a cell-phone talker doing 25 in a 45, I will. Ultimately, I'm very careful... There are no marks on my baby and I intend to keep her that way. :hihi:

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page