Opinions on side stripes - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Lonelocust,
I know what you mean about the difference in the depth and paint finish. When I had my car done, they added two coats of clear over the entire panel which makes a huged difference. I also added the side stripes and agonize over what to put on them, if anything. I was going to do "Mustang GT", but as you pointed out the GT badging is already on the side of the car, plus I had some custom decals made to go on my hood scoop that had the GT on them. I thought that would be a bit of overkill. I was going to have a local vinyl shop make me the word Mustang using the original 1960's font and put that in the wide center stripe on the side (in the fender area), but in the end decided to just leave the stripes plain. After looking at the car for a while, I thought anything more would push it over the top. I'm over the hill and don't want to be over the top too. I've got pictures of the side stripes in my gallery which you might find helpful.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

My vote is for the Pony emblem and the Mustang GT stripe... prolly because it's close to what I have :-)

-danny

Apprentice
S197 Member

You could also paint the window louvers black. That will break up some of the silver.

My Fords:

2008 Shelby GT500 (my baby)
2008 F-250 SD (the heavy hauler)
2008 Ford Fusion (wifes DD)
2005 Mustang GT (wifes baby)
2000 Mustang GT (my DD)
1966 Thunderbird (our restore project)

Also a member of StangMafia.com. Tell them VaporDude referred you.

PONY Member
S197 Member

I like the side stripes. I have custom side stripes on my silver gt with my "shop" logo up front. They're vinyl for now. I plan on having the center hood rise painted metallic black (steeda-esque) and probably having the side stripes painted in at that time. Pics in my gallery.

Avoid the stripe with the pony. too v6. No offense sixxers....

I've noticed the prevailing opinion on this board is against side stripes, but do what you like

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Like The Look Both Ways , Personally I Thought My Car Just Didn't Look Right With Only Rally Stripes So I Put On Side Stripes Also. I Thought It Might Be To Much At First Just Like You But I Figured I Could Always Take Them Of If I Did A Decal First, And After I Put Them On I Love Em. Guess It Depends On The Car And On Your Taste..

2001 Mustang GT

Uasstang

"What you mean by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a pirate, while you, who do it with a great fleet, are called emperor."
PONY Member

Go custom if you do the side stripes... That's what I did and mine don't look like anyone else's. Personally, I think they're more old school than the design Ford offers.

Your pony is beautiful either way... You should do what YOU want.

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
2.3L Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I am going to wait until the louvers are painted and in place before making a final call. The other downside is because the paint shop I picked refuses to use hardeners, I'll lose the car for at least a week while the paint and clear have a chance to cure. So, I'll wait another few weeks until the weather turns and it would be garaged anyway.

Pegasusphototx, those Pony badges of yours are a better quality than most that I've seen on the Web. Where did you get them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page