6400 rpm too high of a shift point? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Agreed. I had sent Brent an email and he kinda thought the same thing. This is why I want a dyno tune soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenspeed_from_Email
Normally you can see a gain in .5 A/F richness when reading at the engine, not at the tails. So if you are running 13.5 at the tails you are most likely 13.0 at the engine. BUT normally people see 12.9 A/F at the tails with that same tune if you are running ours. There could be variation in your MAF size. If the MAF housing has any variation at all you will see the cars either richer or leaner than others. So if the MAF is slightly larger than original specifications you will see the A/F go lean.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc
I notice your AFR is around 13.5:1, quite a bit leaner than most of the tunes which are usually in the mid to upper 12's.
I'm with 65sohc. It looks like it gets to 14:1 on the second run. I'd be alarmed about that.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
This is true, 14:1 is good for Idle, but not for making power at WOT

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
14:1 at WOT can make engine go boom if it's run that way for a long time.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Noticed that your hp & tq curves cross right at 5000 rpm. Should be right at 5252. I wonder why it's lower?
If you look close the scales are diferent for the hp & tq so if you look at 5252rpm it is making about 260 HP & TQ @ 5252.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page