How to find a GT500 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006 Thread Starter

How to find a GT500

Anyone know how to find a dealer with a GT 500? I tried fords site but you can only search regular mustangs and close dealers inventory. Also is X-plan available for this car if you can find one? or not chance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

i know who has a red one right now john kennedy ford sticker price is 48,000 they wont take less then 68'000 i saw it at 8 lastnight in feasterville pa 215-357-6600 goodluck if your serious about it.they tried to get me not for 68 i rather supercharge my gt. for that price plus im not fond of the fronts

2005 gt mods include c&L intake,steed ud pullies, violator x pipe w/flowmaster mufflers,hurst shifter,custom tune by evolution motorsports.
319 hp 333 tq rearwheel!!
aperance mods include. xeon side scoops with louvers,classic chin spoiler,shaker hood scoop,18x10 rear and 17x9 front wheels.painted stripes!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006
S197 Member

All you have to do is walk in waiving the extra 30 grand over MSRP and you'll have one real quick.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

$70k

No problem so long as you have upwards of $70k (Kenzo is right, that's the price the dealers are looking for - then you add taxes, tag, documentation fees, etc...)

I don't believe any employee discounts apply.

My sincere suggestion would be to either wait a year or so (its possible the hooplah will die down - it did for the Ford GT supercars, with their prices now close to list price).

Or prepare to be gouged big time by the smiliing dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnovabri
Anyone know how to find a dealer with a GT 500? I tried fords site but you can only search regular mustangs and close dealers inventory. Also is X-plan available for this car if you can find one? or not chance

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Or, buy a Saleen. They look better and you can get almost the same HP, or more.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

come to so. cali - almost every ford dealer out here gets GT500s

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Almost every N. Cali dealer has at least one right now. However, the lowest I have seen one is $20K over MSRP. The Ford guys were telling me they can not even get their emplyee discount for the car. Now you may want to try something like Edmunds.com, you might (a long shot) find a dealer somewhere willing to sell it to you for $5k over MSRP or maybe even MSRP (although I would not hold my breath, but stranger things in life have happened).
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006

Even worse...here in San Diego I found a "GT500" at a dealership yesterday, so I just had to get a lookie in. :eyepoppin

Very sweet looking, inside and out, when I notice something amise: The rocker panels are the same color (Red) as the car!!!

"What's this?" I silently wonder to myself.

Well, I take a look at the sticker and it is "Merely" a GT with a FULL GT500 body kit...steering wheel and ALL!!! They missed the rocker though...

Sad thing is...it added 12K to the 30K sticker!!

NOT WORTH IT!!!! The whole darn kit can be bought and painted for around 3k!!!

I was sad...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir::Chunks
Even worse...here in San Diego I found a "GT500" at a dealership yesterday, so I just had to get a lookie in. :eyepoppin

Very sweet looking, inside and out, when I notice something amise: The rocker panels are the same color (Red) as the car!!!

"What's this?" I silently wonder to myself.

Well, I take a look at the sticker and it is "Merely" a GT with a FULL GT500 body kit...steering wheel and ALL!!! They missed the rocker though...

Sad thing is...it added 12K to the 30K sticker!!

NOT WORTH IT!!!! The whole darn kit can be bought and painted for around 3k!!!

I was sad...
That's just wrong - which dealer was this?
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
Or, buy a Saleen. They look better and you can get almost the same HP, or more.
Price wise a Saleen won't help much. I was looking at one at Ken Grody Ford the other day.....beautiful 550hp car for about 75K.

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Kit cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Just about every dealer is experimenting with kit cars. Look in the Mustang magazines - they are even running ads for their fiberglass kits.

What's new is that they are finding morons out there willing to shell out the extra money for the frauds.

Interesting shell game:

1. Ford announces a new line of Mustangs with big, powerful motors and the input of an automotive legend. Nice looking show car makes the rounds. Everyone wants one, and the trade magazines predict the list price at about $35,000, or 10% over the last 04 SVT Cobra.

2. Ford pulls a PR stunt at a car auction that sees the "#1" GT500 go for hundreds of thousands of dollars more than such a car could possibly be worth - all to a good cause of course.

3. Ford dealers start accepting "pre-orders" for GT500's that they cannot yet order, and for which they are not guaranteeing ANY set price.

4. Actual GT500's start coming off the lines, and the "winners" of silent (emphasis on the "silent") auctions at the dealers start taking delivery. Prices north of $75-100,000 are discussed at the car shows, with confidant sales managers stating that they are able to sell every GT500 they expect to get at about twice the MSRP.

5. Looking at the pent up demand for the GT500 makes some cagey old Ford execs think: Why not create a new Hertz Rent-A-Shelby? No sooner said than done, and the new car creates a new blitz of media ecstacy. Surprising no one, the car is soon followed into the market place by a "GT500" light warmed-over Mustang GT with some graphics and holy Shelby water sprinkled on it, to the tune of about $50,000 each. Adding to the mix, a "California" GT sporting vestigial scoops is soon foisted on the naive public.

6. Having overshot the mark to address the pent up demand with the Shelby GT, enterprising dealers soon start concocting their own solutions, pulling aftermarket fiberglass bits and some trips to their paint booths to create faux-500's and tarted-up V6's with "Boss 302" graphics a foot high down their sides.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Good afternoon 2Horse! That would be Mossy Ford in PB. You can't miss it, it sits out front with the Saleens.

You can see the Red Rocker (Not the Sammy Hagar kind) from the street...that's what piqued me once I got up close.

Peace out!
S197 Member

If I would have made a guess it would have been Mossy. I think they'd do anything to make an extra buck.
PONY Member

My dealer has 6 in his showroom, both verts and coupes, BUT $20k over sticker
is the starting price. He also has a couple Saleens inside as well.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling gray/ black interior,
400A, HIDs, security , comfort
louvers, scoops, rear cover,MRT struts
19" nickel lustre wheels, GT500 mufflers
3.73, 6 sp manual, CDC Classic chin, smoked corners
S197 Member

I'm back and forth between Puerto Rico and Atlanta a lot and just saw one down there for 90K. What a rip..

DW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page