So far, this is what "my" car has turned into - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

So far, this is what "my" car has turned into

I apologize for the bad pictures, but my bother only has a camera phone to take pictures with.

He's going to put 19" Falkens on the car:
http://www.1010tires.com/images/whee...m_lg_super.jpg

And, he's deciding to go with a Procharger s/c instead of a turbo now. Looks like things are starting to roll. This will be a bad ass car when he's done. I'll take my digital cam down there and take some real pictures of it when I get a chance. But, I don't know when that's going to happen. A 400 mile trip to take pictures isn't very realistic right now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	24211   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	24212   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	24213  

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I am afraid what my brother would have done to my car. Knowing him, he would likely do something totally off the wall just to teach me a lesson for giving up my car. Make no mistake, I fully understand why you gave your girl up, for you have a more important bundle of joy on the way, and still I salute you for putting your little one first. In my case, I thought I was loosing interest, and my brother, the jokester he is, would have made me suffer just show what I gave up.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball View Post
I apologize for the bad pictures, but my bother only has a camera phone to take pictures with.

He's going to put 19" Falkens on the car:
http://www.1010tires.com/images/whee...m_lg_super.jpg

And, he's deciding to go with a Procharger s/c instead of a turbo now. Looks like things are starting to roll. This will be a bad ass car when he's done. I'll take my digital cam down there and take some real pictures of it when I get a chance. But, I don't know when that's going to happen. A 400 mile trip to take pictures isn't very realistic right now.
So is that the GT-500 front clip on there? My eyes aren't as good as they used to be :eyepoppin

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey View Post
I am afraid what my brother would have done to my car. Knowing him, he would likely do something totally off the wall just to teach me a lesson for giving up my car. Make no mistake, I fully understand why you gave your girl up, for you have a more important bundle of joy on the way, and still I salute you for putting your little one first. In my case, I thought I was loosing interest, and my brother, the jokester he is, would have made me suffer just show what I gave up.
Some spinners and blue LEDs for sure.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
So is that the GT-500 front clip on there? My eyes aren't as good as they used to be :eyepoppin
Yeah it is. He said it cost $800 unpainted. Not sure how much the painting was, but he works with auto shops and such, so he got a deal. I'm sure he installed himself. Good thing he doesn't have to pay labor on any of the work he'll do.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I know I did the right thing. I'm guessing around the end of the year, when the Sebring is finally beyond repair, I'll look for a Saturn VUE for the family car, probably a used on. After that, I get my pick of the litter. I'll look into Mustangs again, but only time will tell if I can get one this soon. Maybe I'll find a good deal.

I'm sort of glad I didn't buy that spoiler off you now as my brother is going to go without one, as of now. And, it's good that stlwagon got some use out of it.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

I got another pic. Sorry for the quality again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	24269  

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

The more I see that GT-500 front-end, the more I like mine the way it is. I don't know what it is that bothers me about it.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
If my brother had gotten ahold of my GT it would be 2 feet off the ground with a set of mudder tires on it. That would certainly be the end of this Pampered Pet.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
True, my brother is into 4x4s...and he would love to see my face after such an "operation" transpired.
eyelleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
The more I see that GT-500 front-end, the more I like mine the way it is. I don't know what it is that bothers me about it.
Has to be the goofy grin from the lower cutout. =) Me, I like top half, with its more aggressive slant, but the matching 'grin' from the lower cutout negates anything I like about it.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelleye View Post
Has to be the goofy grin from the lower cutout. =) Me, I like top half, with its more aggressive slant, but the matching 'grin' from the lower cutout negates anything I like about it.
That must be it...I really like the lower fog lights and I like the more aggressive slant to the top half, but the 'grin' detracts from the rest sufficiently enough that I am keeping my front the way it is.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelleye View Post
That's it!!!!! It's that silly smile I feel better now.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

I like the Falken rims he has planned for it -- I think 19's look perfect on this vehicle!
Classic Member
S197 Member

I agree on the wheels... Very sharp.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page