Check this awesome video thru Paris streets - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thumbs up Check this awesome video thru Paris streets

This probably should be in Lounge but I figure more people could enjoy this here. This was done in 1978 at 140 mph thru the streets of Paris in a Ferrari 275 GTB with an F1 pro driver. The French director who put it together was later arrested. Turn UP your volume. YouTube - Rendezvous

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Pretty awesome stuff....got my heart pounding in a few shots!!

Some say its a Mercedes-Benz SEL 6.9 (4 speed automatic). Dubbed sound. May 2006, Lelouch said that it was his Mercedes, ferrari dubbing, and he himself was the driver??

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
Pretty awesome stuff....got my heart pounding in a few shots!!

Some say its a Mercedes-Benz SEL 6.9 (4 speed automatic). Dubbed sound. May 2006, Lelouch said that it was his Mercedes, ferrari dubbing, and he himself was the driver??
Never heard a Mercedes sound like a Ferrari and with heel/toe down shifts like that, I doubt highly an automatic. Glad you liked it though.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Never heard a Mercedes sound like a Ferrari and with heel/toe down shifts like that, I doubt highly an automatic. Glad you liked it though.
I never heard a Mercedes sound like that either, unless the Ferrari sound was an overdub, like I said in my original post??

Some other comments:

roggavsaid:
I have heard it was actually a Mercedes-Benz SEL 6.9 doing the racing through the streets. They re-dubbed the engine noise with a Ferrari afterwards.

sfunk1x said:
This was a Datsun 510 with a 300ZX Twin Turbo engine. I thought this was common knowledge?

Who knows??? Kewl vid though.......

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

amazing how little traffic there was on the main street going directly through paris. If anyone has ever been there you will see just how crowded that road usually is.... he is driving past the Arc d'Triumph and down Champs Elysees which is like driving down 5th avenue in NYC.

2005 Mustang GT , 5-speed , Satin Silver
Whipple with lots of extras
11.6 @ 121
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
That was cool regardless of the type of car.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

That was awesome.:eyepoppin I bet you couldn't do that today. You couldn't swing a dead cat form a 20' rope and not hit something today.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

I wonder if any animals were harmed during the filming of this short movie? LOL I bet the guy at 6:35 dropped a load in his pants! More balls than ive got but id rather be the driver than the passenger for sure!!!!!!!!! Brent

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page