Ford Mustang Forum banner

Helped a friend with his first performance mod

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Snackmaster 
G
#1 ·
We had decent enough weather this past weekend to work with the garage open so I helped a friend of mine install a CAI.

He and his wife have a Windveil Blue 06 GT 5 speed.

He went with the Steeda CAI /Xcal II combo from Brenspeed and he was pretty stoked.

He was always afraid to tear in to a new car but I told him that this mod, aside from messing with the tuner is pretty simple and non-invasive. I'm not an expert by any means but showed him that with the proper tools and not rushing through the job that it could be a pretty easy venture. The Steeda kit is very nice and installed with no problems whatsoever. The only semi-delay we had was getting the factory clamp off of the vacuum line - those things are pretty crappy. So, to make a long story short we installed the CAI, flashed first with the 87 tune and went for a run. I thought he was going to pass out he was so excited. He has since been inspired to see what other mods he wants to do that won't break the bank.

I still can't afford my CAI yet so I'll have to live vicariously through his but it was just neat to see a "whole new world" opened up to someone concerning performance mods.

Sorry for the length... just wanted to share.

Happy Monday...

Snack

See less See more
G
#6 ·
I'm still leaning towards the C&L because of the gains AND the looks. If I could get away from my visual attachment to the C&L I would definately go for the Tuneable Induction set up. It's about $100 cheaper (and doesn't look bad just not as flashy as the C&L)

I'm now officially starting the donation pot for "Snackmaster's CAI Fund".

:hihi:

#3 ·
Its fun to help others with mods, especially if its something you plan on doing later and get the idea of how it all goes.
Im waiting for one friend to get the CMCV delete kit to help him with install before I do mine :hihi:

#4 ·
I always enjoy spending other peoples money :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.