Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   2005 Mustang factory alarm help (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/73621-2005-mustang-factory-alarm-help.html)

stallion05 02-27-2007 02:17 AM

2005 Mustang factory alarm help

Lately, well actually since this morning, I've been having some minor problems with the factory alarm (anti-theft system).

This morning I did the usual, disarm with the FOB, open door, sit in, put the key into ignition, turn, then NOTHING..... First I thought my battery went dead but my radio was still on. Turned the key again and nothing happened. Then I noticed the alarm LED light is flashing. So I curiously push the button behind it and turn the key. IT STARTS!

I thought I accidently push some wrong buttons so I ignored it, even though this never happened before. Then when I got off work, the same thing happened. Not sure whats wrong with the alarm. I didn't mess with the settings but seems like when I pull the key out for 5+ min and try to restart, I need to push the alarm button everytime.

Can someone tell me what can I do to fix this? Thanks a bunch.

rush0wl 02-27-2007 04:25 PM

yeah i have had alarm problems also. The damn thing was so sensitive that everytime a car straped with an exhuast went by the thing would go off..so after being woken up several times over a couple of nights i pushed that button also..i must have "blown" that thing up or something. b/c it doesnt work at all..i have the automatic locks still and a flashing red light..but no alarm..i know i have the manual for the alarm some where..i think i should check it out..ahah

stallion05 02-27-2007 09:07 PM

The alarm manual doesn't tell you anything. Is getting a bit annoying that I have to push the button every time I start my car. :cursing: Should have just saved my money and got an aftermarket alarm.

I wonder if there's a way to reset the alarm to factory settings and reprogram it.

logger7 03-29-2007 01:10 AM

non-start alarm problem

I have the same non-starting problem about every 30th to 50th start. I found that one quick spark short of the battery terminals always solves the problem and releases the ignition to start. I carry a piece of wire in the trunk just for that purpose. I haven't tried the button you mentioned, but I will look for it next time the car won't start.