2005 Mustang Suncoast Ram-Air hood. Opinions? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci View Post
It's in Cincinnati... out for delivery...
Oh boy... I can just picture you sitting by the window watching for the UPS guy.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

LOL!

It came to the shop and with FedEx...

It is an almost perfect fit!! Will need one 1/16th" shim under the hinge on the passenger side and it will be smooth as stock!!

It is lower than I had imagined... Most of the raise is in the nose... where the car needs it for looks so that works out... I think it's the picture with the dark paint and shadows that made it look very high towards the windshield??

The water barriers are nifty and it channels the water to the rear corners and also out pretty much in the middle and close to the radiator.

It is also heavier than stock for you hard core racers out there... am guessing 10 or so pounds!!

I'm dropping the car Tuesday on my way to work. And will pick up Friday on my way home. I'm doing the mirrors and two sctratches as well...

Oh and I'll leave the screens SS, the back ground is black and it should look awesome!?!

Can't wait!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci View Post
LOL!

It came to the shop and with FedEx...

It is an almost perfect fit!! Will need one 1/16th" shim under the hinge on the passenger side and it will be smooth as stock!!

It is lower than I had imagined... Most of the raise is in the nose... where the car needs it for looks so that works out...

The water barriers are nifty and it channels the water to the rear corners and also out pretty much in the middle and close to the radiator.

It is also heavier than stock for you hard core racers out there... am guessing 10 or so pounds!!

I'm dropping the car Tuesday on my way to work. And will pick up Friday on my way home. I'm doing the mirrors and two sctratches as well...

Oh and I'll leave the screens SS, the back ground is black and it should look awesome!?!

Can't wait!
That's great news... It's always a crapshoot when you buy things sight unseen. Nice to see it worked out.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
That's great news... It's always a crapshoot when you buy things sight unseen. Nice to see it worked out.
Yea... was nervous... then the passenger side hinge holes would not match but the bodyshop mgr wiggled it in there... then one pretty much held the breath while we let it down... quick look and all looked very close, just like stock... some S's (les than 1/16") here and there but normall as the professionals said... minimal prepp needed, no adding or bending!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
PONY Member
S197 Member

sounds good..can't wait to see finished product..now that you have it do you still see major diff between cal drm hood..is it worth the extra $$ ?

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE View Post
sounds good..can't wait to see finished product..now that you have it do you still see major diff between cal drm hood..is it worth the extra $$ ?
It's kinda hard to see before it's painted and on... it is (by the numbers) higher which is cooler... lol

The main differance and worth the money is how solid it is (no hood pins needed) and the water barriers and drainage... I for one did NOT want any water dropped on my intake filter... I would have had to drill holes in the Cali ducting and there would still be some, now I have barriers stopping it AND bringing it to the corners were nothig will get wet that's not suposed to...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
PONY Member
S197 Member

sounds good!..and i like the no hood pins too....hmmm what to do with that tax return..laptop or hood..laptop or HOOD!...HHMMM..

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
sounds good!..and i like the no hood pins too....hmmm what to do with that tax return..laptop or hood..laptop or HOOD!...HHMMM..
How many computers does one guy need...??? says the guy that has four...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations

Last edited by kj_cinci; 03-13-2007 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Bad English... again...
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Okay... car is beeing dropped of for install tomorrow on my way to work... am as mentinoned before also doing the side mirrors... quite excited... feel like a kid at x-mas... will post pics after work on Friday when I pick her up on my way home...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Go for the hood, you'll crash less often....

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Go for the hood, you'll crash less often....
LOL for sure unless he was looking at an Apple...??

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
PONY Member
S197 Member

trying to swing both..i'm sure once i see kj's car done it will be all the motivation i need!..keeping track of mr. v's hood project was tough enough!..now a possible problem free no hood pin alternative..hmmm..

post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Okay it's on... here is the new thread:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...tml#post616921
There are also pics in my gallery.

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page