name painted above door opinions? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Don - go to a local sign store and get a set of magnetic numbers. Or look online for removeable race numbers (magnetic or static). A lot of the autocross guys use them. I made myself a set of the magnetic ones for autocrossing.

Wait..114 in the 1/4...make sure to give them a test run before you get to the track. I'm not sure what the speed rating is on the magnets!!

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraclyde View Post
Don - go to a local sign store and get a set of magnetic numbers. Or look online for removeable race numbers (magnetic or static). A lot of the autocross guys use them. I made myself a set of the magnetic ones for autocrossing.

Wait..114 in the 1/4...make sure to give them a test run before you get to the track. I'm not sure what the speed rating is on the magnets!!
Actually, you're not allowed to use magnetic signs at the tracks here. I've seen guys use the static decals for numbers on windows... been thinking about trying those. For the car number at least.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I remember back in the 80s and my mom's 1984 Datsun-Nissan Maxima where she had her first name (Vera) in fancy cursive graphic letters above the driver's door handle.

I never understood why her name was put on the car...nor did I dare ask.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Slvr Bullitt View Post
I remember back in the 80s and my mom's 1984 Datsun-Nissan Maxima where she had her first name (Vera) in fancy cursive graphic letters above the driver's door handle.

I never understood why her name was put on the car...nor did I dare ask.
Maybe her parents named her after the car?

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ricky..........Ricky Bobby, is that you in that Mustang???
GT Member
S197 Member

sounds cool, but be prepared to walk out to your car at the grocery store and have a bunch of little kids on skateboards saying, "Sweet Ride Seth."

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
CAL
PONY Member
S197 Member

To each is own. My take, have it as a removable sticker as some Stangers have suggested on the lower portion of your window.

Additional benefit ---you can claim "plausible deniability" when you wife says she saw you wasting someone on the street or with the guys out on the town

CAL - Made Member who's seen the light..BUY AMERICAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page