WMS Ram Air System Installed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

WMS Ram Air System Installed

Just completed the WMS Air-intake system. This kit was a breeze to install. Fired her up and no codes at all. Have not done any flash programming yet. Plan on getting a tune from BAMA this spring before she hits the road.Also finished the upper grill mods. Took out all the honeycomb I could to open the grill up more. Painted the grill with the stock body color and cleared. I like the gloss look of the grill way better than the flat black that is stock. Just a couple more things to complete before the weather breaks. Can't wait to get back in her...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Side 06.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	584.8 KB
ID:	24523   Click image for larger version

Name:	WMS Engine.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	24524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Grill 06.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	24525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Grill 06a.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	607.0 KB
ID:	24526  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007
MACH I Member

Hey now 05,
Common, looking good, take that beast out on our beautiful oversanded-salted-rock covered roads. LOL. Mine came out of hibernation after I wiped out my winter Benz. I'm glad we're getting rain here w/ this big storm coming in tonight.

2005 GT coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yeh,What was I thinking,sand will help chip away the nice paint job on the grill.This rain storm should get rid of much of the crap on the roads.Don't plan on her hitting the road again till end of March,if I can wait that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213 View Post
Hey now 05,
Common, looking good, take that beast out on our beautiful oversanded-salted-rock covered roads. LOL. Mine came out of hibernation after I wiped out my winter Benz. I'm glad we're getting rain here w/ this big storm coming in tonight.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05capepony View Post
Just completed the WMS Air-intake system. This kit was a breeze to install. Fired her up and no codes at all. Have not done any flash programming yet. Plan on getting a tune from BAMA this spring before she hits the road.Also finished the upper grill mods. Took out all the honeycomb I could to open the grill up more. Painted the grill with the stock body color and cleared. I like the gloss look of the grill way better than the flat black that is stock. Just a couple more things to complete before the weather breaks. Can't wait to get back in her...
Hmm. Interesting. One question... Where does it get the air? There is not that much of a gap between the grill and hood. Seems to me it would be starved for air.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Looks very nice though I too wonder where it pulls the air from.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Pulls the air from three cut-outs on the radiator cover. Waiting on weatherstripping to wrap around the edges. This will give it a nice tight fit to the hood. With a tight fit to the hood it will only pull fresh air from the outside not the engine compartment.With the grill honeycombs removed it should get even more air. Have not road tested yet,waiting for the weather to turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WMS Engine.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	24544  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05capepony View Post
Pulls the air from three cut-outs on the radiator cover. Waiting on weatherstripping to wrap around the edges. This will give it a nice tight fit to the hood. With a tight fit to the hood it will only pull fresh air from the outside not the engine compartment.With the grill honeycombs removed it should get even more air. Have not road tested yet,waiting for the weather to turn.
I get it now... Seems like a good concept. With the grill mods, that should help.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page